On a different note, I was watching this week's F1 tech talk, and an idea pops into my mind.

What if Formula 1 have teams adopt a single front wing and a single rear wing design for the whole season, i.e., they cannot switch from high downforce to low downforce wing week to week, they pick one and had to stick with it for the whole season? In other words, for teams that choose a wing that's good for high downforce circuits will be sitting ducks on straights on the high speed tracks, that should promote better racing overall.

If a team really want to switch wings, they will need use their Constructor Points as tokens that they are spending in order to switch. But only for the top 5 teams, the bottom 5 can switch whenever they feel like. Also it will be a sliding scale, say Red Bull wants to switch wings, it will cost the team 20 tokens, aka 20 points, to switch, Ferrari who is 2nd will only need say 15 points and Mercedes who is 3rd could be 8 and McLaren 5 and Aston 2. 

Risk and rewards. Say Red Bull runs high downforce setup up to Zanvoort, they then spend 20 points to switch to low downforce at Monza, 20 points gone but potentially they could earn 44 at Monza, then another 44 at Azerbaijan, a net 68 points gain. Might struggle at Singapore after but Austin is next and they might pick up more points there, struggle again at Mexico but gain back in Brazil and Vegas. 

--