Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Guy sues cuz Ferrari is too slow

I hope the guy doesn't put his stradale on a dyno cause he would be in for another surprise if he compares it to factory claimed HP

Seriously, this guy needs to get a life and give his stradale to someone who is able to enjoy it for the great car it is on the road and not get hung-up on a 10km/h top speed discrepancy.

What is the market like in Germany for a CS ?
    If someone was that unhappy with their car in the US they could sell it for more than they paid. Weird he would look for his money back.

It is a misrepresentation, a breach of contract. I have also seen a Stradale top out at 285kph, it was on one of those Best Motoring videos. Ferrari should not advertise their car at 300kph VMAX if it is not able to do as advertised.

I think it would depend on a lot of things especially street conditions, wind conditions and the cars conditions. What options did he have adding to the weight plus How fat is the guy ? I bet you anything there are cars that will perform better than others. Happens all the time. I was just reading an article posted on RENNTEAM about the 430 only achieving 4.4 0-60. They said it was because the car was not as strong as other 430's. I read Road & Track got a 3.5 from the 430. I bet half the cars out there from all brands don't test to manufacturing claims. That's just the nature of a complicated machine.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I think it would depend on a lot of things especially street conditions, wind conditions and the cars conditions. What options did he have adding to the weight plus How fat is the guy ?

Small changes in weight (even several hundred pounds of fat guys) won't change top speed. It only affects how long it takes to achieve. Top speed is affected mainly by engine power, gearing, and drag (aero, mechanical and tire rolling resistance). A CS with 300 lbs extra would be just as fast (if they added a bit more tire pressure), it would just accelerate a bit slower...

I would want another car or a full refund.

Porsche used to under state their cars actual achievable top speeds. Ferrari and Lambo have always played loose
    with the truth on V max on their regular production models.

I am glad to see someone take them to the woodshed for this!

I dont disgree with this guy. He will set an example so BS like this wont happen again!...or atleast I hope so.

Yeah he does have a point... lies in advertising are illegal, or at least where I live they are.

he's going to be on the blacklist on all exotic cars lol! because all the manufacturers are off by a little bit

Maybe, but even though the thought never occured to me, you have to respect the guy for trying.

I'm sure the car goes as fast as advertised, according to the car's speedometer

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    If someone was that unhappy with their car in the US they could sell it for more than they paid. Weird he would look for his money back.

In europe, they sell a lot less than original price ! ALL F cars does, even the new 430 !
    US is paradise to sell your (almost new) F car. You may drive it for some years, and even sell it for more ! incredible. In the US, a Ferrari must be the cheapest car to buy, ...if you sell it in the coming first years, (and than get a new one, sell it and get a new one ......)In europe it's the other way round.

same way here, they drop value almost instantly

If you pay a lot of money for a product you expect it to deliver performance as advertised - if not, and the manufacturer cannot fix the problem, then you should be entitled to your hard earned money back... I hope this guy wins his case!

I agree with this guy. IF they are using stats such as high speed and 0-60 to sell the vehicle, AND people have made purchases of that vehicle based on the manufacturer's marekting material, then they must be held responsible. I hope this guy wins too.

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

In europe, they sell a lot less than original price ! ALL F cars does, even the new 430 !
    US is paradise to sell your (almost new) F car. You may drive it for some years, and even sell it for more ! incredible. In the US, a Ferrari must be the cheapest car to buy, ...if you sell it in the coming first years, (and than get a new one, sell it and get a new one ......)In europe it's the other way round.

Really ? Didn't know that. Yes, in the US getting the first new one at MSRP is the hardest/takes the longest. After that dealer loves to take back your pre-owned car that they can sell over MSRP and put you in another one. After a few cars your payment gets less and less till eventually you can end up with a brand new car with no payments. I know of a guy that has done this, where his F430 comes with almost nothing owed/ zero payments.

Quote:
    boytronic said:
    If you pay a lot of money for a product you expect it to deliver performance as advertised - if not, and the manufacturer cannot fix the problem, then you should be entitled to your hard earned money back... I hope this guy wins his case!

Yeah terrific. It would be typical that lawyers would take the fun out of something else. An A hole like this wins the case and you can say goodbye to manufactures publishing any performance data anymore. Think of how much fun that would be. Just great.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    boytronic said:

Yeah terrific. It would be typical that lawyers would take the fun out of something else. An A hole like this wins the case and you can say goodbye to manufactures publishing any performance data anymore. Think of how much fun that would be. Just great.

It can't be complicated not to overstate performance data. Germans manage...so...
    They surely can put disclaimer on fuel used, air temperature, error margins ec, but there IS a way not to claim something grocely wrong..

Would you find it funny to be passed in your Stradale by a 996 Carrera?

In fact there have been court decisions on this issue in Germany - but as far as I'm concerned regarding other brands. This is actually a HUGE difference! The std. 360 usually gets a "Warning"-sign once you reach topspeed due to the catalytic converters to overheat...

The official topspeed for the CS is 188 - which is a bit far off for that particular car!

Quote:

F430 is pretty stable, at least in germany. i haven't seen any offer for a used car under the list price of a new one.
    you have to wait at least 18 months for a F430 if you order one, so i don't expect prices to tumble any time soon.

stradale is a different story.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Would you find it funny to be passed in your Stradale by a 996 Carrera?

In fact there have been court decisions on this issue in Germany - but as far as I'm concerned regarding other brands. This is actually a HUGE difference! The std. 360 usually gets a "Warning"-sign once you reach topspeed due to the catalytic converters to overheat...

The official topspeed for the CS is 188 - which is a bit far off for that particular car!

My 996 Turbo was never as fast as my Stradale. My 997 S isn't even close.

Next thing you'll know people will want to sue Porsche for false speedo readings. How far off is Porsche speedo max speed ?

Quote:
    Jeannot said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    boytronic said:

It can't be complicated not to overstate performance data. Germans manage...so...
    They surely can put disclaimer on fuel used, air temperature, error margins ec, but there IS a way not to claim something grocely wrong..

I don't think 10mph at 175 vs. 185 is grossly wrong. Especially considering Top Speed could mean just that, TOP SPEED. On one day traveling in one direction you may only hit 175 where as you may easily hit 185 TOP SPEED w/ a slight tail wind. It would be a shame if they were forced to label these Italian machines "RONZONI" cars..............'RUNS ONLY' 185mph DOWN HILL. LOL!!

I think it's a bad idea to bring the court system into muscling around car manufacturers for their performance claims. I think the more legislation you put into that area the more underestimated numbers will get and therefore even more inaccurate then current. Or they'll just stop publishing numbers altogther because of what would likely to be the thousands of claims.

In the NE of US Low milaege Stradale's are still bringing $10k over. F430's anywhere from $25-$100k over.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

F430 is pretty stable, at least in germany. i haven't seen any offer for a used car under the list price of a new one.
    you have to wait at least 18 months for a F430 if you order one, so i don't expect prices to tumble any time soon.

stradale is a different story.

check out www.autoscout.de

Maybe Nick can defend Ferrari

in germany even sligtly used strads with 2.000 to 8.000 k on the odometer sell for more than sticker. check out mobile.de
    a few are under 165.000 (whick i remember to be official sticker), but some are over.
    the few new ones you still are able to get sell for around 180.000 to 190.000, so 20k over sticker..

when this freak wins he might sue bugatti for the veyron just having 999,99 bhp at 7489 rpm.
    they wrote he's a business man. what should be his business?

anyway.

stradale: i found a strad i might go for, if things continue as planed. i have seen lots of darker 997s with the factoryside installed stoneguard. i don't liked it too much, because i could see it in person. like a scratch on a table or something. if i can purchase the car - would you mind me coming to new york and have a look in person, before i would have it installed.
    the strad i would love to go for is rosso scuderia, black callipers and black leather interiour. i get an offer on how much it would be to install tan leather seats and dash. or i go for the red-black racing interiour..
    thing is; i'm a surface loving kind of guy. i treat people especially to care for my floor, at home and in the office. and if there is something wrong i can't stop looking at it, even if it's just the hundreds part of a square inch..

best whishes, and a nice day to all of you!

> floren

Yup. I was reading an article last night on the CGT. While it seems their TOP SPEED of 205 is correct, the speedo reads 217 at 205. That could be something to sue for too. I really hope this guy sueing Ferrari doesn't get anywhere, if he does can you imagine what kind of craker law suits will follow.

Keep in mind the 3M stoneguard on the rear quarter on the 997 has all 4 sides (edges) that are ALL visible. It's a big piece that isn't tucked around any panel. You can see all 4 sides...........When you install the 3M on your front bumper you will not see any edges. The edge you will see is across the hood. The edges from the pieces that go behind each wheel are hardly noticable at all. If I didn't have the 3M I know my paint would be wasted by now, especially behinds the wheels. I know what you're saying about it bothering you, looking at lines that shouldn't be there. I felt the same way before I got used to it. Now, the last 2 cars I bought they went directly from the dealer to the 3M installer and I was worried that something would fly up and chip my paint on the way there. That's one warning I will give you about the 3M. Once you have it installed you will probably not be able to live without it on your next new car.

I am EXACTLY the same way. It's kinda sick in a way but if it isn't perfect it bothers the crap out of me. Not with my suv's but on my CS or 997 a stone chip could easily ruin my day. And bother me everytime I look at it.

Of course you could come see it in person. Anytime you want just let me know.

YEAH!

Dude, you got me. Even if i had more money i could count it would bother me. Even if i could have the front bumper changed every month. I'm a little unconviniend about the line around the luggage space 'gate' and especially on the rear, where it pays the bill as you say..
    we'll see. thank you very much for turning my fast question into an invitation. i would love to take it.

what does the 3M stuff do around the ferrari bagde?

best, floren.

Quote:
    floren said:
    YEAH!

Dude, you got me. Even if i had more money i could count it would bother me. Even if i could have the front bumper changed every month. I'm a little unconviniend about the line around the luggage space 'gate' and especially on the rear, where it pays the bill as you say..
    we'll see. thank you very much for turning my fast question into an invitation. i would love to take it.

what does the 3M stuff do around the ferrari bagde?

best, floren.

What do you mean "on the rear" ? Behind the rear tire ? On a red car you'll completely forget it's there.

For the Ferrari badge on the bonnet they cut out a hole that matches the size of the badge. The way they did it on my car the edge of the film was cut to the size of the badge so closely there is zero space between the film and the badge / It looks like the film goes under the badge.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803984 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448724 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266333 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90161 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886067 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834310 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM