Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2023 Formula One

I am loving the fact that I don't worship Verstappen as god like you do really ticks you off. wink

--

CGX car nut:​​​

Why watch the race when we have Whoopsy providing a detailed analysis of why it is the car, not the driver, that matters?  He'll run a computer simulation in his head and will report his findings before week's end.

You don't need a computer to tell you which car will win this weekend or any other weekend for that matter, and if you switch the driver, the same car will still win. That kind of says it all.

Carlos from Spain:

Why watch the race when we have Whoopsy providing a detailed analysis of why it is the car, not the driver, that matters?  He'll run a computer simulation in his head and will report his findings before week's end.

You don't need a computer to tell you which car will win this weekend or any other weekend for that matter, and if you switch the driver, the same car will still win. That kind of says it all.

Counterpoint: Sergio Perez.  

CGX car nut:
    Carlos from Spain:

Even Sergio Pérez can easily win, just develop the car to his style and not Max's, we have seen Sergio win or get second in previous seasons with RB before without too much effort. Pretty much the top half of the grid can do it behind a RB.

Also, with it being a sprint weekend (hardly any time to set up the car) and there being different weather forecasts for the different days, we might see a lot of surprises...

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Carlos from Spain:
    CGX car nut:
    Carlos from Spain:

Even Sergio Pérez can easily win, just develop the car to his style and not Max's, we have seen Sergio win or get second in previous seasons with RB before without too much effort. Pretty much the top half of the grid can do it behind a RB.

Smiley  yeah, thats why lewee n max get paid so much, because it's the car.Smiley RB n MB are so stupid to waste that money. and all that money wasted on Schu, Big Al and Ayrton....

EG- lewee's long run on M's at Mexico was beyond sublime; and Max's 2 starts, etc.  and of course the car got Perez through the first corner.

Sky Sputz commentary will greatly improve when you guys replace croft and Alvin the Chipmunk [karun], who just yet again told us how little they know during P1Smiley

Carlos from Spain:
    CGX car nut:
    Carlos from Spain:

Isn't it weird that all those Hamilton hating Max fans always say it's the car and not Hamilton when he was winning, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, the exact same argument cannot be used against their god Max? 

One just can't talk any sense into those people. Deranged. 

--

F-CD6RAXkAAHTke.jpg

Whoopsy:
    Carlos from Spain:
    CGX car nut:
    Carlos from Spain:

Isn't it weird that all those Hamilton hating Max fans always say it's the car and not Hamilton when he was winning, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, the exact same argument cannot be used against their god Max? 

One just can't talk any sense into those people. Deranged. 

There you go again with your straw men. You generate enough straw to line the Lagos circuit with bales and bales. Show me where I have every said it was only the car responsible for the wins.  However, I can go back several posts above where you made that exact statement. 

Oh, was that you I was talking about? Cool.

For al the years Hamilton was winning, I never once said the car isn't part of the equation. in fact I do recalled mentioning that Hamilton played a part into building the Mercedes car to be as dominant as it can be. 

Weird that now Verstappen has a dominant car but some wanted to say it's all him and nothing to do with the car. Even more cool, SuperMax then. he is Jesus and can walk on water. He will magically make an Alfa Romeo win a GP by 30 seconds simply because he is Max. Happy now?

Really unbelievable how bad you Hamilton hating Max fans are. 🤦🏻‍♂️
    --

Don’t play the ignorance role.  You know exactly who your posted was directed towards.  

Thank the Lord, Alonso is alive! Ocon could've killed him.  So closelaugh

Whoopsy:

I am loving the fact that I don't worship Verstappen as god like you do really ticks you off. wink

Versteppen is a good driver, but I can't stand him as he is no-one  to be admired as a person, I am not sure if its he's fathers fault as he also is a very unsympathetic person but that's the way it is.

I really don't get the heat over here, everybody knows that the car is the most important part in order to win the championship, sure a good driver makes a difference in how many wins you can get out of a good car, but out of a bad car there is almost no way to get any win and that's a fact. as we can see with a car that is not really capable of winning also Lewis is not winning, and same would be for Max. The past has shown, who was Button before Brawn came up with the DD ? Even Barichello had a chance of wining the WDC. So lets keep it cool, because its always mainly the car. wink

Shaich:

I really don't get the heat over here, everybody knows that the car is the most important part in order to win the championship, sure a good driver makes a difference in how many wins you can get out of a good car, but out of a bad car there is almost no way to get any win and that's a fact. as we can see with a car that is not really capable of winning also Lewis is not winning, and same would be for Max. The past has shown, who was Button before Brawn came up with the DD ? Even Barichello had a chance of wining the WDC. So lets keep it cool, because its always mainly the car. wink

Not everyone.

Some still maintain that 'their' Verstappen is a superior driver to anyone in history, especially Hamilton, and it's more Max than his car while Hamilton is more car than the driver 🤦🏻‍♂️

History, and facts would say otherwise but alas, some people will maintain their bias.

5 in row for Schumacher and Ferrari. 7 total. 2 different teams and 3 different engines. Car or driver?

4 in a row for Vettel and Red Bull. 1 team and 1 engine. Car or driver?

4 in a row, 6 in 7 seasons for Hamilton and Mercedes. 7 total with 2 different teams. Car or driver?

3 in a row for Verstappen and Red Bull. 1 team and 1 engine. Car or driver? 

Kelly's dad won 3 with 2 different teams and 3 different engines, could one consider Nelson Piquet a more superior driver than Verstappen atm? At least until Vestappen can match Vettel and win 4 in a row with one team and one engine?

--

Weird alleged defect on the Ferraris found: https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari-make-changes-quite-unusual-crazy-deflection-spotted. Looks like Ferrari was trying to use its exhaust system as a means of mass dampening to help eliminate the effects of porpoising. 

CGX car nut:

Weird alleged defect on the Ferraris found: https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari-make-changes-quite-unusual-crazy-deflection-spotted. Looks like Ferrari was trying to use its exhaust system as a means of mass dampening to help eliminate the effects of porpoising. 

Haha! Trying to squeeze more powerSmiley

Today's big question - will Checout keep Checking Out?

F-CzoFObMAAnlt0.jpg

and the key to the highway:

-- if you have new softs, do you start on M's with heavy fuel and save the S's??Smiley

F-KZ1mpXgAA1Y9N.jpg

CGX car nut:

Or it was made too thin and too light and is having harmonics with the vibrations from riding the curbs.

--

Ferrari being Ferrari. 

poor CHUCK

great start lewee N lando

Checout made the first corner! replays show him backing out from the nutso princess

this '23 thread began with: y!  Here we go!  Does Ferrari have it together?  Is RB gone over the horizon?  

no Ferrari doesn't

lap 67: Alonso outdriving Checout in a lesser caryes then lap 71, Alonso back through wow

Hmmm.  Someone driving an inferior car manages to outdrive someone else in a rocket ship.  So much that the theory it’s the car.

CGX car nut:

Hmmm.  Someone driving an inferior car manages to outdrive someone else in a rocket ship.  So much that the theory it’s the car.

Are you like new to F1 or something? anything can happen on a given day if the cards fall right for a top and crafty driver like Alonso but Checo has 60 points over Alonso in the championship, in fact he is second in the championship over Alonso , Hamilton, Lando, Russel, Sainz, Leclerc... now why do you think that is? driver skills? 1325269639981rolleyes.gif

Carlos from Spain:
    CGX car nut:

Are you like new to F1 or something? anything can happen on a given day if the cards fall right for a top and crafty driver like Alonso but Checo has 60 points over Alonso in the championship, in fact he is second in the championship over Alonso , Hamilton, Lando, Russel, Sainz, Leclerc... now why do you think that is? driver skills? 1325269639981rolleyes.gif

Just reiterating what was posted by someone a few posted above.  Spend some time and search the last few pages. 

Carlos -- It's tough that a great driver like lewee has a lousy car this year, but his expertise is evident every day, and he shall rise again. Denigrating Alonso's performance today is ludicrous. 

Agreed however, that many on your list above ["Hamilton, Lando, [Russel[l] I disagree on him], Sainz, Leclerc.."] would blow Checout's RB doors off if they were in an equal RB. I bet Chuck wished he had one right nowmail

watt:

Carlos -- It's tough that a great driver like lewee has a lousy car this year, but his expertise is evident every day, and he shall rise again. Denigrating Alonso's performance today is ludicrous. 

Agreed however, that many on your list above ["Hamilton, Lando, [Russel[l] I disagree on him], Sainz, Leclerc.."] would blow Checout's RB doors off if they were in an equal RB. I bet Chuck wished he had one right nowmail

Pérez once again demonstrated his skills aren’t a match for Alonso today as he can’t work the same magic out of the Red Bull like Max. Alonso drove an amazing race today and I’m glad at Aston Martin decided to remove its latest upgrades. 

Carlos from Spain:
    CGX car nut:

You know why he wrote what he wrote. He still want to reiterate it was all Max and not the universally accepted fact that the Red Bull car is all conquering. 

He literally ignored what the other 9 teams is saying and all commentators and writers have bene saying all year long just so he can say his Max is god. 

I only need to write a little bait and the true self of him comes right out. This is fun. 

--

Nick, you're no longer enjoying f1, maybe give it a break, see you next season.

Carlos is a competent guy and doesn't need a translator.

Now, if I only knew why LV is a night in late November...... brrrrrr

Ferrari really keep trying new ways to sabotage their F1 efforts, right now I think Leclerc is really cursed. 

Aston Martin took off ALL the upgrades they have done this year and they are right back to their early season form, go figures about their 'upgrades'.

Mclaren, wow, their in season progress is amazing. They seems to be the up and coming team to challenge Red Bull next season if this continues.

Mercedes, well their car is like the carrying an open parachute on the straights, slowest top speed in the field by far and that's not even a close fight. Now that Elliot is gone, wonder if they can gather things up and get some better car development next season. I am guessing the zero side pod design was Elliot's idea and now that that idea is gone Elliot is not sticking around. Mercedes is bleeding talents, first it was Vowles and now Elliot gone too. Who's next for the brain drain. And also, which team will be trying to sign Elliot.

This season the stars are aligned perfectly for Max in the all conquering Red Bull. Ferrari could have been a close challenger but they keep self sabotaging themselves. Aston Martin was another but they went backwards with each 'upgrades'. McLaren started the season way way behind, imagine they were half way decent earlier and they would have been really close mid season and put up a good fight. Mercedes was stuck with the zero side pod for far too long to mount a proper challenge. Literally Max has zero competition this year and he is driving at 80% max every race weekend. On top, the effect of their penalty for getting caught cheating wasn't kicking in yet earlier, allowing them to build a nice lead that they never relinquished. 2024 might be a different story however. The development time deficit will surely plays a role.

And here is a good one for 'that one guy that thinks Max is god and it's all Max and not the Red Bull'.

With Norris staying step by step with Max in the Red Bull, does that means Norris is a better driver than if the Red Bull 'isn't all conquering'? And you think the McLaren is the faster car and it was Max that kept the Red Bull in front? Let's see how you spin this one. 

Actually, let me give you a stair to get off the stage gracefully. Max was responding to Norris' lap times and managing that gap, he is holding a lot of the car in reserve, probably driving 80% or whatever. But Norris did get fastest lap over Max by almost 2 seconds. 

It was great watching the race for the back of the grid, 8th,9th and 10th place in the standings are TIGHT. Any given weekend one team could earn enough pts to leapfrog, tens of millions are on the line back there. 2 more weekends to go.

--

Channeling Reagan, "There you go again," with your falsehoods and distortions.  

Over the past three years, you have parroted the Mercedes F1 team lines on their lack of competitiveness ranging from lack of wind tunnel time because they were too successful the season before to how the Red Bull car is specifically tailored to only one driver.  

The onus of the of Team Mercedes failures rests on one man alone, Toto Wolff, as team principal.  He signed off a design that was high risk when given the limitations of the wind tunnel time and stated on that path far too long when the design was a proven failure.  Other teams including previous back markers, Aston Martin and McLaren, are becoming competitive against Red Bull as Mercedes falters more and more.  

Instead of wagging your finger at Verstappen, you should wag towards Wolff as he is the critical fault within that organization.  

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802454 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448315 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265870 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89879 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6347 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885242 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831676 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM