Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Had to take a taxi back home...why?find out.

After another day of (hard)work...took my 997s...picked up my girlfriend for dinner...in the restaurant for a couple of hours...dinner and bla...bla...bla...

when we went back to the car...no more car
    hey...where's my d... car?
    called the local towing company to check but no..they didn't take it.
    so my worst thoughts started to become reality
    my car has been stolen.allready reported to police!!
    but the funniest thing is that just yesterday i called my dealer and ordered the crome exaust pipes.
    amen.

Re: Had to take a taxi back home...why?find out.

Our worst nightmare! that is really really sad to hear sertag
    I hope I'm wrong and that you may recover it but its probably on its way to Eastern Europe by now

Insurance will take care of it.

thank you carlos...

you're right.eastern europe or middle eastern counties.
    i really loved my car.but i really would like to know how the hell these people open your car and drive away with it.
    i don't blame porsche for it's alarm system.i know that they can steal any car no matter how many alarm systems you have.
    anyway...
    i will call my dealer to cancel the cromed tail pipes.

Re: Had to take a taxi back home...why?

I hope everything works out.....that they find your car quickly and it is unharmed or your insurance company pays for a brand new car without any hassles.

Phil

That sucks sertag
    Hopefully everything will work out for you, in one way or another

Oh sertag, i would feel devastated... angry...
    Let's hope you can get your car back in good condition... If not let's hope you're insured properly

So sorry for your loss ol' chap...

Doesn't the car come with a transponder unit?

Brutal

I share your pain; I've had a car stolen from my driveway. Was not a happy camper.

In case you want to get in idea of what kind of slime took your car; here's something you might want to check out:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/baitcar.html

We can only hope for similar results from the moron(s) who took your rolling artwork.

Best of luck to you.

What a joke this is sertag.

one word SCUM

Are you in Napoli? Sorry about what happened? I would bet money the car will be out of the country in a week or two. There's an international car theft market for vehicles like ours.

Sertag, that is awful to have happen. Especially at dinner with a girl.

A lot of the east european and middle east gangs just act like they can do anything. They even stold the S600 Benz
    of the CEO of Mercedes as he was having breakfast, and he had bodygaurds present!!!!

These car thieves need to be baited with temptations and then shot like pests.

How the frick can they steal it? They're supposed to be impossible to steal w/o key! That suuuuuuuucks.
    We're thousands of miles apart and we've never met but I'm Sooooooooooooooo sorry to hear this.

Sorry to hear of this. What a violation. Hope you get it resolved soon.

This sounds like a nigtmare and you wake up in the middle of the night all sweating. Sorry to hear that but cars are always replaceable. Perhaps you can odere the new one with the chrom exahust from factory, and other options.
    It's premature to start pointing fingre to EUrope or MiddleE folks if you really dont know who has done it. Could as well be your countryman you know.

Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    Sorry to hear of this. What a violation. Hope you get it resolved soon.

I echo SrfCity's words.

I hope there's a happy ending to this.

Keep the forum updated.

I took a look at those videos that were linked by MHakkinen. I think they're all filmed by the vancouver police (more at baitcar.com). Personally I think the idea of bait cars is a great one, however what do you guys think of the theifs only getting 2-4 years??? the one guy in the one video had 120 previous convictions and only got 4 years!!! you guys with me in that the sentences are too weak?

Quote:
    schmuy said:
    I took a look at those videos that were linked by MHakkinen. I think they're all filmed by the vancouver police (more at baitcar.com). Personally I think the idea of bait cars is a great one, however what do you guys think of the theifs only getting 2-4 years??? the one guy in the one video had 120 previous convictions and only got 4 years!!! you guys with me in that the sentences are too weak?

Unfortunately, I think the judges in the Vancouver court system are the real criminals.

Sorry sertag!

I hope everything works out for you!

Quote:
    schmuy said:

Considering the massive damage, and heart/headaches for millions of people and huge amts oflost $$ caused by computer hackers I think they should get mandatory 40-50 year sentences. muuuuuuch worse than one guy stealing 120 cars. (rant over)

Sertag,

I'm so sorry to hear about your lost. A car owner's worse nightmare.

If there's a silver lining in all this, thank goodness you were not carjack at gunpoint.

Best of luck, and hope you can get another replacement. Hopefully another beautiful Porsche.

i'd never thought i'd see the day of a brand new 997 being stolen... i really hope those bastards get caught and your car is still ok!

so sorry to hear sertag! and kind of scary as well, my car is in italy often and i park it on the street, but guess that an old 996tt is only half as interesting as the new 997. my friends gt3 got stolen some month ago parked next to the tribunale in Milano! where do you live?
    hope they get these bastards, but i think you better put your heart at peace and start thinking about ordering a new one... ciao

tooner...
    no transponder unit...

only stock alarm. that's it...

hoolminator...

i am not in napoli...i live in one of the most civilized northern italian city which is milan.my car got stolen in the center of the city.i did't park it in a dark and isolated place.there were a ton of people out there.but still these b*as*rds did it.boy they have guts.

are car thefts as common in europe as they are here?! they won't touch an exotic car here, there are too few, too easily spotted and there isn't a market for them.

the 996tt is juicy just as the 997s.i parked it in piazza diaz.you figure out.thank god my insurance will pay the full amount of the car.i just need to present them the invoice.have a full coverage on the first year.
    aside from the money(which is important)i really miss my baby

my heart would pound ever time i see her...

Sorry to hear that....

next one will be better...you have only to wait...

ciaoo

Dear Sertag
    my deepest commiseration. Same happend to me some years ago.
    However, the car was found the next day as constructive total loss. Thief lost the car in an 'autobahn' exit. Therefore could order a new one the day after.
    Wish you to cash in insurance payment asap and a new P-car soonest (with PSE which has already cromed tail pipes).

So how secure ARE our P-Cars then?

I assume that whoever took the car was sufficiently skilled to be able to remove any tracking device fitted as well?

I naively thought that while it might be possible to gain access to the cabin, the imobiliser would be too hard to get around, and the car would have to be taken with the keys.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777003 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441627 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262743 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260899 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85159 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5547 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880604 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815804 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM