Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Ordered my 997 C4S this morning

Thank you very much for all your advice on the specs .
    I have ordered the car this morning . Here are the complete specs ( which, of course, can be modifieds during my long waiting time )

Carrera C4S
    Seal grey
    Full black leather inside ( I still would consider a clear colors)
    342 Heated seats
    454 Cruise control ( tempomat)
    460 Sport steering wheel... I hope it' s the thick one
    482 Tyre monitoring system ( Carlos ....I checked it out, prices for winter wheels are a bit more expensive because of the system)
    498 No logo
    567 Tinted stripe on the top of front window
    640 Sport Chrono Plus
    666 GSM for PCM
    670 Navigation
    680 Bose surround
    692 CD charger
    ( If the Ipod is comming..the dealer said they are working on it and it could be here by the end of summer...only rumours.. I would drop the CD changer)
    P12 Self diming miror + rain detector
    P17 Sports chassis ( -20mm)
    P77 Sport seats ( but not adaptive)
    XCZ Short shift
    XLF Sport exaust
    XRP Pacers 5mm
    XSC Porsche logo on the seats

( I droped the sunroof and the Park assist...but I still have a hesitation on getting Park assist or not.)

Know I just have to wait.... ....a long time
    If you think I have missed something important...please let me know your thaughts

Re: Ordered my 997 C4S this morning

Congrats gnil , its well loaded up...

throt.

Congrats Gnil ....

The car is fully loaded

I would go for the parkassistant, is helpful and its price isn't that high

BTW:What's option: pacers 5mm ???????

Quote:

No,460 is sport steering wheel in smooth leather,

the "thick one" is option code XPA

i like the adaptive sportseats, very nice in corners.

Quote:
    FARGO said:

Awesome English FARGO..

throt.

here in belgium we have 3 languages
    dutch (flemisch)
    french
    and a little bit german
    at school we do englisch

so, i try to explain ....
    i do my best , thx for the compliment

Nice color combo.

gian61 is right, the Thicker steering wheel is "XPA". I'm very happy with it. It could be even thicker for my tastes. Definately a solid feel. The "smooth leather" sports steering wheel is something like $400 so upgrading to the XPA with the "smooth leather" and thicker wheel is a great choice. The airbag cover is also leather on the XPA. (I'm not certain if the standard sports steering wheel has a leather airbag cover.)

I WOULDN'T delete the logo.

With -20mm suspension you should definately go with the adaptive sport seats. The sport seats are really nice but the way the airbags inflate the side and bottom bolsters with the touch of a button making them tight like racing seats I think go hand and hand with the more aggressive suspension and the g's you'll be pulling

You'll also love the Sport Exhaust.

The way you are building the car it sounds very PERFORMANCE DRIVEN. The last thing I would do on a DRIVERS car w/ out a sunroof, With -20mm, PSE,Sport Seats, short shift etc. is put "park assist"......park assist would kill the whole theme of your build imo. Anyone that has enough ability to take advantage of the -20mm and short shift etc. really shouldn't need an electronic device to help them park a car the size of the 997. Good choice to leave it off.

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:

BTW:What's option: pacers 5mm ???????

Sorry, made a spelling mistake , it's not pacers its : spacers ( goes between the rim and the axel so the wheels are pushed a bit more to the outside....just for the look

Quote:
    gian61 said:
    Quote:

No,460 is sport steering wheel in smooth leather,

the "thick one" is option code XPA

Thanks Gian ...will have to correct that

awesome car gnil!!!! really stunning fully loaded

Are you sure about the spacers though?

if they offer no performance upgrade.....

Quote:
    FARGO said:

I am sure they are.....but they are 3 times the price of the simple sport seats , so...I thaught it's not worth it, but will see.

Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    awesome car gnil!!!! really stunning fully loaded

Are you sure about the spacers though?

if they offer no performance upgrade.....

Just for the look Dilinger.. just for the look
    I do have some wain( ?) ( sorry about spelling) tastes sometimes... I guess I am not perfect yet, will have to meditate a bit more...

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Nice color combo.

gian61 is right, the Thicker steering wheel is "XPA". I'm very happy with it. It could be even thicker for my tastes. Definately a solid feel. The "smooth leather" sports steering wheel is something like $400 so upgrading to the XPA with the "smooth leather" and thicker wheel is a great choice. The airbag cover is also leather on the XPA. (I'm not certain if the standard sports steering wheel has a leather airbag cover.)

With -20mm suspension you should definately go with the adaptive sport seats. The sport seats are really nice but the way the airbags inflate the side and bottom bolsters with the touch of a button making them tight like racing seats I think go hand and hand with the more aggressive suspension and the g's you'll be pulling

The way you are building the car it sounds very PERFORMANCE DRIVEN. The last thing I would do on a DRIVERS car w/ out a sunroof, With -20mm, PSE,Sport Seats, short shift etc. is put "park assist"......park assist would kill the whole theme of your build imo. Anyone that has enough ability to take advantage of the -20mm and short shift etc. really shouldn't need an electronic device to help them park a car the size of the 997. Good choice to leave it off.

Stradale.... I am sure you are right with the adaptive seats, but is the difference of price worth it? I am trying to be 'a little bit' reasonable..
    And you are right with the Park assist...I do not need it at all ( as I have taught about it I must be getting old....wanting sedan confort in a sports car.. )
    I will delete the logo! I do not like writings on the back of my cars.... There has been a long thread on that subject a few weeks ago....I do like the clean 'empty' look .One knows that it is a Carrera... and then one doesn' t have to know it' s a 4S ( if he/she is a 'connaisseur' they will know)
    Thanks for your input

Quote:
    gnil said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Nice color combo.

Stradale.... I am sure you are right with the adaptive seats, but is the difference of price worth it? I am trying to be 'a little bit' reasonable..
    And you are right with the Park assist...I do not need it at all ( as I have taught about it I must be getting old....wanting sedan confort in a sports car.. )
    I will delete the logo! I do not like writings on the back of my cars.... There has been a long thread on that subject a few weeks ago....I do like the clean 'empty' look .One knows that it is a Carrera... and then one doesn' t have to know it' s a 4S ( if he/she is a 'connaisseur' they will know)
    Thanks for your input

You ordered the full leather. Did you know that you get a $500 discount on the adaptive sport seats if you order the full leather ?

Are the Adaptive sport seats worth the money ? Honestly I forgot how much they are compared to the regular sport seats but I love them. I like the adjustable bolsters (especially for agressive driving) but the lumbar is worth whatever it costs. The weekend before last I took a two 4 hour drives on back to back days and the lumbar was so nice. I'm not sure if the regular sport seats have lumbar.

The logo is just a personal preference. For Hot-Rods or resto-mods I really like the clean/ no logo look but for high end German or Italian sports cars I don't like the modification to the rear. But I know what you're saying.

Awesome Car!!! Congratulations!!
    How long's the wait??

Anybody here had any experience with those spacers? Does it affect the handling? (Pro/Con)

beltar has spacers on his car, lets wait and see what he says

I've had 5mm spacers on 996 C4 and 996 TT. No really obvious handling differences but a surprisingly good visual. 5mm at the hub produces a stance difference equal to going, for example, from a 295 tire to a 305.

gnil, very nice spec indeed! all the sports options are a must in my opinion. especially PSE and -20mm which transforms the car into a real litte animal

Impressive car Gnil...Congrats

Congrats Gnil!

Great that you could get the tire pressure monitoring system, you will be so gald you were able to, and I'm not sure retrofit is porsible.

I would definately not get the spacers. You are getting the -20mm! and other sport extras, and with the spacers you are changing that car's track. That will not have a positive inpact on the car's handling, its pure phisics, there is no point IMO. If you are going -20mm you might as well avoid spacers and such stuff. But thats personal.

Also Park assist is less noticiable in the 997 than in the 996, but still obvious and doesn't look very sporty. So unless you have problems parking, I would not get it.

I's a wonderfully spec'd car and you will love it... now the wait!

4 me , 2 days and i take my car out of that
    showroom... i can't wait no longer.
    pictures will follow soon,

good night, it is 22.15,
    watching tv in bed and sweet dreams... (yihaaaaaaa)

Quote:
    gnil said:

I have ordered the car this morning

When did your dealer say you can expect delivery?
    Have you been quoted specific 2006 prices?

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Mine are 1cm aswell in the front as the back, the car looks a lot better...
    The handling: I don't feel any differences, but have to say that i couldn't test the car flatout without the spacers, because they were already installed during brake-in period...
    A racedriver could probably feel the differences while cornering, but altough I push rather hard (much tooooooo fast according to lady beltar) I don't have any complaints concerning the handling...

Awesome car and specs Gnil! Congrats
    498 No logo is not my choice either but it's just like Stradale says very personal indeed.

Quote:
    ArthurY said:
    Quote:
    gnil said:

I have ordered the car this morning

When did your dealer say you can expect delivery?
    Have you been quoted specific 2006 prices?

I have been quoted 2006 model prices ( which start now I think)
    As for when I will be getting it......???? At the end of the year or beginning of next. No fixed date yet!
    Their are many fights.... firt between the two salespersons at the garage who each are trying to push their own custumors in front...the director comming in with his friends... and every other custommer pushing to be first....
    We will see. I am supposed to be one of the first one to get the C4S....

Quote:
    beltar said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

The handling: I don't feel any differences, but have to say that i couldn't test the car flatout without the spacers, because they were already installed during brake-in period...
    A racedriver could probably feel the differences while cornering, but altough I push rather hard (much tooooooo fast according to lady beltar) I don't have any complaints concerning the handling...

Is your car a -20mm?

Quote:
    beltar said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

I guess not... Just remembered you have a cab!

Is the result of spacers a more understeering balance?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777887 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441963 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262904 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261136 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85387 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5669 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880809 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816334 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM