Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Canadian Grand Prix

So Carlos.

I didnt see your hero lift his fingers this time when he left the track..?
    Whats the matter?
    Did Superboy ride his car too hard?
    Too bad...I'm almost crying....
    He got first place handed to him - just like last time...but alas!
    Whohoho!

I would be sorry if it wasnt so darn funny!
    Maybe he should have held up his fingers and made the "L"-sign?

I'm expecting a long, technically based explanation from you.
    Have fun!

...and now back the the race where the real men are still on the track

Re: Canadian Grand Prix

stupid montoya, and now going to rain

ITV just interview button , he said , his athlete;s feet was costed him the crash!!

I told you.
    The IceMan rules.

Maybe Alfonso should check a video of this race and see how its done?
    WHOOOhoohoho!
    (Trust me, I'm having fun )

And the lamest remark today:

Q: Michael, both you and Jenson had problems during the start. Any explanation?
    MS: Well, we seemed to have the same problem. It was strange how everyone else did not have this problem. They all went fast. I think they had a better track because Jenson and I were in front and were the first to drive the track.

Duh! Nice explanation. I he were right, it's funny how everyone battles to get pole position. Seems pole is a veeeery bad place to be...since everyone else has a better track to start in...LOL!

How about this explanation, Schummi: "My car simply isnt as fast as the others."

Ok, Dr.Phil while you where "having fun" I was depressed ..But Alonso was doing a GREAT race, it was time for him that he made some error and not finish (because as you all know, Alonso finished all last races, in the very firsts positions ) renaults where really pushing it and where controlling the race....
    BTW:Renault's had AN EXCELLENT START!!!!!
    Fishichella had bad luck, but it was also helping Alonso to loose time...may be that's why Alonso hit the wall, due to pressure (??), nevertheless, AGAIN Renault showed that they are the team to be beaten.....Also I would have in my mind all those pilots that didn't finished the race, and helped in a way that Kimi finished in first place, that M.Schumacher finished in 2nd place and that Barrichello finished in third place (he did a great race though)..

Ohh Dr.phil, did you checked the pilot's championship .....
    BTW:Why did Sato returned to the race after 20laps or so???, for qualifying in the next GP???, don't know

Alonso is much better than Kimi

Being a little childish Dr.Phil?
    Get over it already... or its going to bring you a lot of unhappiness towards the end of the GP season

Best man today was Bari IMO, he came out of the pits on the start of the race and ended in the podium! then Schummi also did a great job managing second but lets remember how many drivers droppep out in front, ridiculous, however, he was fast today though.

In this race Kimi did a mediocre race since he never even managed to overtake any of the drivers he had in front, everybody he had in front had one problem or another and dropped out like flies in front of him, he just had to drive the ultrafast McLaren in front of the Saubers, Ferraris, Jordans, Minardis, etc. But thats the races. Today Kimi had the luck he didn't have in the last GP so everything evens out. He deserved some good luck.

Montoya, as much as I'd hate to say this, got screwed today, being first and didn't get into pits first for refuel for some reason loosing his place to his own teamate who did for some reason managed to make it into the pits being only 3 secs back, then he runs a red light in the pits and gets a black flag... but hell, he deserves it!

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Being a little childish Dr.Phil?
    Get over it already... or its going to bring you a lot of unhappiness towards the end of the GP season

Uhu! Childish? Moi? Nah...
    I told you Alfonso is just a lucky boy. Nothing more.
    And I will enjoy repeating this (and other) posts at the end of the season.
    Muahahahah!

I have forgotten....that sign Alfonso always uses?
    Ah, never mind. Here's a more fitting one:

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Ok, Dr.Phil while you where "having fun" I was depressed ..But Alonso was doing a GREAT race, it was time for him that he made some error and not finish (because as you all know, Alonso finished all last races, in the very firsts positions ) renaults where really pushing it and where controlling the race....
    BTW:Renault's had AN EXCELLENT START!!!!!
    Fishichella had bad luck, but it was also helping Alonso to loose time...may be that's why Alonso hit the wall, due to pressure (??), nevertheless, AGAIN Renault showed that they are the team to be beaten.....Also I would have in my mind all those pilots that didn't finished the race, and helped in a way that Kimi finished in first place, that M.Schumacher finished in 2nd place and that Barrichello finished in third place (he did a great race though)..

Ohh Dr.phil, did you checked the pilot's championship .....
    BTW:Why did Sato returned to the race after 20laps or so???, for qualifying in the next GP???, don't know

Alonso is much better than Kimi

Here's an easy lesson.
    Repeat after me:
    "Alfonso = lucky noob. Kimi= King"
    Now repeat again.
    "Alfonso = lucky noob. Kimi= King"
    Keep repeating till reality slowly slips into your brain.

A short serious remark:
    Barri absolutely rules. He was excellent today.
    We can talk about Kimi, Monty, Alfonso and all the other young drivers until the moon turns brown, but Barri, Schummi and DC still know how to drive a car - and do it again and again. DC wasnt impressive today, but driving an underrated car like that is admirable.

Barri is both an excellent driver and from what I hear a very, very sympathetic guy. If Kimi chooses not to win the championship I hope he lets Barri have it.

alfonso , montoya = stupid driver?

kimi = work well with the team ?
    jenson= not aggressive enough to be a f1 driver?

Quote:
    bazza said:
    alfonso , montoya = stupid driver?

kimi = work well with the team ?
    jenson= not aggressive enough to be a f1 driver?

You lost me...?

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:"Alfonso = lucky noob. Kimi= King"

How come 'THE King' couldn't get past the lucky noob?

funny thread dr.phil

remindes me also of 2 wheel racing...
    valentino wins
    giberOUT...sinks...

another reason for our spanish rennteam members to be depressed.

cheers.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Uhu! Childish? Moi? Nah...
    I told you Alfonso is just a lucky boy. Nothing more.
    And I will enjoy repeating this (and other) posts at the end of the season.
    Muahahahah!

OK, knock yourself out buddy! but don't mind me if I keep a bit more silent about F1 than usual unless there is serious discusions about F1, this is not my cup of tea.

But just a tip, you may want to at least get the name right, who the hell is this Alfonso you keep talking about?

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    But just a tip, you may want to at least get the name right, who the hell is this Alfonso you keep talking about?

Youre right. Who the hell is he? In a season he will be forgotten no matter what we call him.

Sorry that you can't share our amateurish enthusiasm.
    I'm sure you can explain why your boy wonder drove himself out of the race today...in a serious fashion, of course.
    Come on!
    If you don't want passion, excitability and enthusiastic debates...why on earth are you here? To exhange note on camber and caster?

Sorry dude. Your man lost today. I had to suck up a shovelful of dust last race...now it's just your turn

Otherwise I suggest you sell your Porsche. It's in no way rational!

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:"Alfonso = lucky noob. Kimi= King"

How come 'THE King' couldn't get past the lucky noob?

...erm...he won, didn't he?
    And nooby drove himself out of the race.
    Just face it. Alfonso had fun while it lasted, and now it's just going the wrong way. Don't send a boy to do an Iceman's job!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Youre right. Who the hell is he? In a season he will be forgotten no matter what we call him.

Sorry that you can't share our amateurish enthusiasm.
    I'm sure you can explain why your boy wonder drove himself out of the race today...in a serious fashion, of course.
    Come on!
    If you don't want passion, excitability and enthusiastic debates...why on earth are you here? To exhange note on camber and caster?

Sorry dude. Your man lost today. I had to suck up a shovelful of dust last race...now it's just your turn

The only dust you sucked up last race was your own loony dust about Alonso winning. Nobody denigrated Kimi as a person when he lost, only the circumstances.

Next race, dont skip your meds.

Jim, you don't get it, he's being funny.

At least trying to.

Fisi got screwed again. Montoya shouyld have won.

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Jim, you don't get it, he's being funny.

At least trying to.

Ohhhhhhhhhh......well.

This is sooo much fun.
    Like pushing buttons.

I know you Americans usually say "just kidding" to make sure others don't get you wrong...but this is so far out, it's cracking me up.
    After making quite a few posts, I would think regulars in here knew when to take my scribblings seriously and when to not.
    Lighten up, dammit.
    Sometimes you take things too darn seriously.
    I thought this was a board for enthusiastic and easy-going sportscar freaks.
    Not an accountant convention.

Have fun!!

...and Kimi is still King!

About alonso: I don't know why but I'm actually starting to HATE him. I think 90% of the blame should directly go the "alonso and schumi crew" from the TV that broadcastes F1 here in spain. Past year they were ALWAYS praising shumi and this year the same with alonso. They don't know a thing about cars but still speak way too much and they are so biased... Thay already compare alonso to fangio, sena and many others. And then there's alonso himself who's starting to get quite arrogant. And now because of that I just watch the race hoping that alonso crashes or gets overtaken just for the pleasure of those morons shutting up. I know it's sad but yesterday I switched the TV off after alonso made that mistake and broke the car, for me the race was over. And for carlos, this is no nationalist crap or anything... It's not that you will directly think that but just to make it clear.

The current set of F1 drivers are either boring, arrogant or both.

They remind me of jockeys on tranquilizers.

Kimi? The Icemans brain don't cometh. Look! its a satellite!

Alonso? Mumbles and then thinks.

Schumacher? Looks like hes upset because his jackboots werent polished enough. Choose wich one is meaner if u can.

Montoya? Cant read a map.

F1 post race drivers press conferences? As dull as watching paint dry.

So this is the racing that is the worlds best? Why not just
    get rid of the drivers entirely, they arent adding much
    to it.

my current fav is webber...

Jim, whats that new avatar? You working with Boeing? Am I wrong or is that the new 776 LD or whatever it's called?
    ...or does it just represent you wishing you were on your way out of here?

I thought the funniest comment I heard all week about this race came on Wind Tunnel with Dave Despan. They were talking about how formula 1 goes to the greatest lengths to create extrodinary technology (i.e. the titanium/carbon fiber composite transmission on the new ferarri's msrp 1 million plus) while they have 1 pit-crew per team and can only use one set of tires.

Definitely hilarious. I think Montoya ran into some bad luck, Barichello ran the best race by far, but there wasn't really anything exceptional in the race, because all the important lead changes in the top were a result of retirements (the Renaults, Montoya) and yellow flags.

I'm just glad that Kimi got some good luck to equalize Europe. If Alonso had won this race, the season would have practically been over

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    I thought the funniest comment I heard all week about this race came on Wind Tunnel with Dave Despan. They were talking about how formula 1 goes to the greatest lengths to create extrodinary technology (i.e. the titanium/carbon fiber composite transmission on the new ferarri's msrp 1 million plus) while they have 1 pit-crew per team and can only use one set of tires.

Definitely hilarious. I think Montoya ran into some bad luck, Barichello ran the best race by far, but there wasn't really anything exceptional in the race, because all the important lead changes in the top were a result of retirements (the Renaults, Montoya) and yellow flags.

I'm just glad that Kimi got some good luck to equalize Europe. If Alonso had won this race, the season would have practically been over

I believe it's in the rules that only one pit team per team is allowed...

Clearly its the rules and clearly its the rules (this year) that you can only change one tire, but these new rules are in direct contrast to the glory era of F1 when they had seperate engines for practice, qualifying, race (extreme budgets). You could signal the change in policy towards one of safety as a result of Senna's death, but at least for this year, the tire rule seems to be a direct attack on Bridgestone i.e. Ferrari's chokehold on the sport, and as a result, the ratings.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777045 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441647 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262752 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260916 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85169 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5551 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880618 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815833 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM