Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

PSE Robber who are YOU?

I just retrieved a message from my dealer about the PSE I ordered Two weeks ago and the message goes

"Mr. Vital Unfortunately your order was given less priority over another customer who paid more for the PSE. Due to this your order has been delayed until August 1st please accept our apologies ...(a bit of pause) we will however upgrade your priority order at no charge"... then blah... blah blah...blah...bablah!

This ultimately is the pits... Is there such a thing as PRIORITY ORDER? What kind of $h!%^ Is that!

Aaarrghhh... now I have to wait a bit more but I wish I had that option of bidding from the start.

"whatapisser"

Re: PSE Robber who are YOU?

Are you serious? What kind of dealer is this?! Sounds like bs to me. Pay more and you get a higher priority?!

Gotta love
    DEALERSPEAK

tooner i ll tell you one thing and you better take it seriously

In Greece there was a Porsche manager who gave "priorities" according to money "under the table".

Same week the company noticed his "diplomacy" he got kicked out without second thought.

I say investigate. If necessary pursuit him.

totally UNEXPEPTABLE.

YOU MUST DO SOMETHING.

This is totally unacceptable. I would go to the dealer ASAP an allow him to make things right for you in some way or you take this matter to Porsche AG. I don't think the allow this sort of behaviour.
    I can't believe he even admitted the reason for your delay in a message!

Don't worry, we ordered the PSE, more than 2 months ago or may be 3 months ago..and STILL, no reply from the dealer, this is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats rubbish. You are a customer. Ad whatever, even if you paid only one dollar for the PSE, you BOUGHT it! It is not an auction! you bought the damn thing, and you have the right to put the guy to his promises. Just call the bastard and tell him to fix the deal. no threads, no anger, just plain reason.
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    This is totally unacceptable. I would go to the dealer ASAP an allow him to make things right for you in some way or you take this matter to Porsche AG. I don't think the allow this sort of behaviour.
    I can't believe he even admitted the reason for your delay in a message!

I know Carlos... I am saving that message for Monday, and confront him myself, although I don't think I'd want to get anyone fired for this sort of thing but I'll make damn sure it's remedied.

I may take it higher up but I'll start with the manager at the dealership, I know him a little bit and I am sure he'll do something for me.

still feeling the after effects of such horrible news

Quote:
    tooner said:
    I just retrieved a message from my dealer about the PSE I ordered Two weeks ago and the message goes

"Mr. Vital Unfortunately your order was given less priority over another customer who paid more for the PSE. Due to this your order has been delayed until August 1st please accept our apologies ...(a bit of pause) we will however upgrade your priority order at no charge"... then blah... blah blah...blah...bablah!

This ultimately is the pits... Is there such a thing as PRIORITY ORDER? What kind of $h!%^ Is that!

Aaarrghhh... now I have to wait a bit more but I wish I had that option of bidding from the start.

"whatapisser"

Huh? Highest bidder? A deal is a deal...Definitely get them to fix this one...

tooner: we both live in the Bay Area.... which dealer is this?? I'll stay away.

I'm still waiting for my car - I'm sure waiting for PSE is much easier than waiting for the car itself....just putting things in perspective!

Too much stress and anger had to edit....

I think I'll pull out my wife's Boxster S order from that dealer...

Vtach88... Marsh road exit.

Marsh road exit - I hear you "loud and (stay) clear"

I hate the bay area dealers - they don't seem to care about the customer - after all, there are so many porsche customers in the region - it is as if we are disposable.....

Quote:
    tooner said:

You watch there tone change when you change the dealership , I have done it and they hate it because of dealer sale figures ..

Do it tooner , I stated on another forum that P dealers are gatting to cocky ..

They need a kick up the rear..

throt.

Quote:
    tooner said:

Pulling the order is definitely sending them the right message...greedy basta*ds...

omg, how can they do that! that is why if i do any business with them, i make sure everything is written down in black and white... just in case of situations like this...

change the f order they deserve it and make sure you tell them the reason, also DO NOT FORGET TO MENTION THIS when you write your letter to Porsche AG

AND DO WRITE THE LETTER, do not be anyone's fool.

When i had a simular problem,i even got to the point of threatening the salesperson

hmmm, I like the idea of paying more for priority. When a product is in short supply the free market takes over, nothing wrong with that. Hey, people pay more for Ferrari's all the time, I guess P-car owners just aren't used to it.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Did they quote you two prices when you placed the order -- one for normal delivery, the other for priority delivery? You need to get on the phone to PCNA and give them an earful...

Quote:
    Danny G said:
    hmmm, I like the idea of paying more for priority. When a product is in short supply the free market takes over, nothing wrong with that. Hey, people pay more for Ferrari's all the time, I guess P-car owners just aren't used to it.

No, the difference is they had already agreed to provide the item at a certain price, and then backed out of the deal to sell his product to someone else for more profit.

When you sell something to the highest bidder that's called an "auction." When you take something from one client to sell it to another that's called "breach of contract." Please don't pretend to not understand why everyone is upset, it's poor form.

mcdelaug

Quote:
    Danny G said:

IMO... I should've been given the same opportunity if it was a mere price issue AT THE TIME of the purchase NOT AFTER I have placed my order expected the delivery and Install... bidding I am most used to being in real estate.

This would mean that if you ordered your FERRARI and while it's being built I offer more from what YOU are paying then I should get your FERRARI Instead?

That's seems a little nuts to me....

What's to keep a dealer from doing the same with a car that you order? You only give a down payment (which legally you can back out of) - if the market heats up over the 3-6mo that it takes to get your car, and a cash buyer comes in and offers over market value, can't they just return your deposit??
    If not, then the same logic applies to your PSE.

Quote:
    tooner said:
    Quote:
    Danny G said:

IMO... I should've been given the same opportunity if it was a mere price issue AT THE TIME of the purchase NOT AFTER I have placed my order expected the delivery and Install... bidding I am most used to being in real estate.

This would mean that if you ordered your FERRARI and while it's being built I offer more from what YOU are paying then I should get your FERRARI Instead?

That's seems a little nuts to me....

Absolutely tooner!

Before you open a can of whoop a$$, I'd still give them a chance to make it right if I were you!

Quote:
    mcdelaug said:
    Quote:
    Danny G said:

No, the difference is they had already agreed to provide the item at a certain price, and then backed out of the deal to sell his product to someone else for more profit.

When you sell something to the highest bidder that's called an "auction." When you take something from one client to sell it to another that's called "breach of contract." Please don't pretend to not understand why everyone is upset, it's poor form.

mcdelaug

I did not "pretend" to not understand, I gathered from the first few posts that the point of contention was paying more for priority and not a contract/agreement violation by the dealer.

i say go for it. do not let that sleep away.

and remember it is not the "other" customer's fault for offering more money. Its the sales person lack of integrity and business ethics.

I would really not let that one sleep away,if i were you.
    Just for the record, remind your salesperson that Porsche owners are not just stupid rich people without sense of money.Nor did they end up rich randomly.

tooner , dont let them transfer the moneys from them to the other dealer because that way they keep the sales unit , have them send all moneys back to you then go to the other dealer..

Also it will be on there computer data and questions will be ask..

throt..

IN GERMANY THEY DON'T ACCEPT ORDERS FOR A PSE UNTIL AUGUST DUE TO LACK OF EXHAUSTS! THAT'S WHAT I LEARNT FROM MY DEALER AFTER HAVING HAD BIG PROBLEMS TO GET MINE ALTHOUGH ORDERED IN JULY 2004 FOR DELIVERY IN MAY 2005 !!

wow`` That's harsh. I've heard of similar things happening with cars but never with parts. I'd be pissed at them too. Order priority should be based soley on first in- first out. If you bought the PSE at the price they specified they shouldn't be allowed to then use your order with Porsche to sell to a higher bidder. I can't believe a Porsche dealer would be so desperate. Good luck getting it resolved tooner.

the least they can do is cut you in for a piece of the profit

For those who are watching this...

UPDATE: 6/13/05 10:19am

I called the dealer and was put on hold for about 11 minutes and then got on the phone with the parts guy for about a full 3 minutes... he said he would call back after speaking to his manager... [thinking of playing the message back to get revved up but nah... lets just see]

A little pleased with his effort but nonetheless awaiting the results

*** I emailed the sales agent about pulling out the 987S order and also made an appointment with a different dealer today at 2:30.

Aaarrghhh.... This dealer SUCKS!!!

Here's what I got confirmed...

The part was nabbed first by a customer/dealer because of "VOR" [vehicle of Road] for a mere 180.00 US freakin dollars! That's it I am done with that dealer... 'oIo'... to you all at CARLSEN! The parts guy was apologetic and I couldn't get myself to blast off because he wasn't a D^!#k about it.

I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else my advice:

HAVE YOUR ORDER ON PAPER F#@%^K the $180.00!

My day sucks now.... Must drive around

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777588 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441850 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262832 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261042 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85318 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5611 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880724 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816137 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM