Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Your help needed for C4S specs

The day I will order my first Porschew has nearly arrived!!!
    I talked to my dealer this morning and we will see each other monday morning to put my 997 C4S order trough.

Here are the specs I am thinking of getting.
    Please give me your comments.

C4S in Seal grey, black inside
    -20mm
    PSE
    Sports chrono
    Short shift
    Sports steering wheel
    Sports seats
    Heated seats
    PCM
    Bose surround
    CD charger
    Carrera classic wheels
    Cruise control ( not sure about that...what do you think? It would be to 'control' my speed in radar areas)
    Park assist ( not sure about that one , parking spaces are realy small in my city, as they are trying to force people to use the public transport and leace the cars out of town)
    Sun roof ( not sure about that.... I know it' weight in the wrong place, but can one actualy feel that...???? I have my daughts
    Rear wiper ( nut sure...sometimes I think it actualy looks good on the 997 and sometimes I like the clean look is better. I am not worried about not seeing out...maybe thinking about resale )
    and one or two very minor other options..

Am I missing something important? tyre pressure control?
    Please give me you thaughts and experience...

I couldn' order it this morning as the garage was organising a second hand P show on another location.
    There was a GT2 with 20000km for about EUR 120000 ( my new 997 will nearly be that price!!!!)
    There were also some 996 TT with very low milage ( 10000km to 30 000 km) in the range price of a new basic 997 C2 to the price of a basic 997 C2S ( with no options). I was very tempted....
    I am joinning some photos taken with my mobile telephone

Re: Your help needed for C4S specs

this one was tempting for much less than a new 997 C4S with carbon inside, sport exaust, BBS wheels

and this gt2 with 20000km is 180000 CHF

and the Gt3 with only 2000km

and the 996 TT with aerokit would of been my choice!!!! ( still cheaper than a new 997 C4S!! and only 35 000 km

... tempting , tempting...and no wait!

and this one only for the pleasure...but was not for sale

indeed very difficult to choose!!! i say sell your house and buy them all!!!!

Quote:
    gnil said:
    There was a GT2 with 20000km for about EUR 120000 ( my new 997 will nearly be that price!!!!)

Actually not quite... my 997 will end up in the EUR 100000..

Whow some nice cars at your dealership!!!!
    Especially that 993 is a very rare sight (gotta love those wheels!)

I think you're making the right choice ordering a new car, unless you're a real performance freak I don't think the 997 4s will disappoint you,

My thoughts on your options:
    -PSE, -20mm, Short S, Sports Chrono, Bose, all GREAT options!! (must haves)
    -The rear wiper and the Park assist are things I wouldn't take, don't like the look of those, especially the wiper, it breaks the line of the car...
    -The carrera classics are beautiful but they don't look really sporty IMO, keep that in mind, before you decide on that, wait till you get to see what the sport design looks like...

Congratulations and happy waiting!!!!

....yeap... I made a mistake, confused the two:
    The wheels will be the Carrera S. ( I am not compulsive in car washing......so the Sports Design would get much too dirty)
    and forget to mention full leather and phone set on PCM..

Quote:
    gnil said:
    I talked to my dealer this morning and we will see each other monday morning to put my 997 C4S order trough.

-20mm
    PSE
    Sports chrono
    Short shift
    Sports steering wheel
    Sports seats
    Heated seats
    PCM
    Bose surround
    CD charger
    Carrera classic wheels
    Cruise control ( not sure about that...what do you think? It would be to 'control' my speed in radar areas)
    Park assist ( not sure about that one , parking spaces are realy small in my city, as they are trying to force people to use the public transport and leace the cars out of town)
    Sun roof ( not sure about that.... I know it' weight in the wrong place, but can one actualy feel that...???? I have my daughts
    Rear wiper ( nut sure...sometimes I think it actualy looks good on the 997 and sometimes I like the clean look is better. I am not worried about not seeing out...maybe thinking about resale )

Congrats gnil,
    I don't think you can go wrong with a -20mm C4S with the other sport options
    The only ones I would not get are rear wiper, looks really ugly IMO and I never used it in my 996. The Park Assist, also looks ugly in a sportcar and don't want to sound sexinst but its kind of a girly extra or Hallandale-Florida extra IMO

The cruise control is useful for highway driving when you want to relax and maintain a certain speed, but only works put if there is not much traffic otherwise you have to engage and disengage it constantly which is a pain. Depends on the roads you use and driving you do. But with tyhe sport chrono and PSE I don't think you will be using it much

Don't worry about the sunroof, if you are going to use it get it, the weight is negligeable if you are actually going to use it. Head space with the sunroof is not as much of an issue anymore on the 997 as was in the 996. Personally I prefer without, but I don't use it, too much turbulence and direct sunlight for when I'm driving spiritedly, but if you like driving with sunroof definately get it.

You are missing the GSM phone? I would recomend it, you get a dupplicate SIM card for your car and the car's phone option has 8 Watts power I believe, and hand free which is very important safety wise.

Lastly see if you can get the tire pressure monitoring system (RDK), I really love that option, tells you inmediately if you have any tire with underpressure or while driving, its reasuring especially when you feel something weird form the road or something you know if there is anything wrong with the tire pressure or not, and also tells you when the tires are warm for action. Remember, there is no spare on the 997.

Quote:
    gnil said:

-20mm
    PSE
    Sports chrono
    Short shift
    Sports steering wheel
    Sports seats
    Heated seats
    PCM
    Bose surround
    CD charger
    Carrera classic wheels

I couldn' order it this morning as the garage was organising a second hand P show on another location.
    There were also some 996 TT with very low milage ( 10000km to 30 000 km) in the range price of a new basic 997 C2 to the price of a basic 997 C2S ( with no options). I was very tempted....

Good news for you my friend!!!

In relation with your options, I must say, that there are two of them, that I have or have had. One is the cruise control, we had it in a 996C4S, and we NEVER used it, not just a single time , for me is not so practical...
    Two: the sun roof, we had it in the 996C4S, know we have in the cayenne turbo and by last in the 997S, well may be in the cayyene is ok, because it can be closed but at the same time there is more light, in the other hand the 997S sun roof, is way different as you know...Again the only "use" I do to the 997S sun roof, is pressing the button(in the center), in order to lift it up, and that's it..Haven't drived the car too much (because is my father's), but we don't ussually open the sun roof, we only lift it up..Also you might want to know, that when cruising at low speeds with the sun roof opened, there are ALWAYS present those typical wind turbulences...and believe me they "force" you to close the sun-roof, or just open the door windows to finish with those annoying turbulences...But this is only my opinion and experiences

One more thing .....

If you get off the sun-roof and may be another "expensive" option, you can go for the pccb's for nearly the same amount of money

Adios

Ohhh by the way..

Very nice cars in your dealer
    What are they asking for that black gt3???

I personally would not bother with a sunroof, climate control or the window open does it for me.
    I have cruise control and I would recommend it, I need it for long journeys or my speed creeps up and up, clicking "resume" after I have jsut braked ensures I do not go wild with the power available. I still often let go with some acceleration but then click resume and the car pulls back to a sensible speed. More fun less worry. I never use it for just 20 miles or so, but I did 150 miles twice last week and I am sure I needed it.

Good selection so far. However, I wouldn't get the parking assist and the rear wiper because both would take away from the clean lines of the car. Also, personally, I would take the Carrera S wheels. If they have the TPMS, I would get it. Also, option XPA, which is the thicker steering wheel. Lastly, the colored wheel crests.

Quote:
    gnil said:

-20mm
    PSE
    Sports chrono
    Short shift
    Sports steering wheel
    Sports seats
    Heated seats
    PCM
    Bose surround
    CD charger
    Carrera classic wheels

GT2

..I am already letting go of the rear wiper...
    Still undeceided about Sunroof...and Park assist ( I know I can do well without it but...a tiny bit of luxury is tempting....!!!!)

CARLOS: My dealer realy advices me not to take the tyre pressure monitor. He says it beeps too often and if I want to have winter rims with my winter tyres ( which I need as I will put 18' rims and norrower tyres) I will have to pay extra to get the ones adapted to this. Also, if one day I want to get different rims it will be much more expensive and more difficult to get what I want.... Any comments on this?

Beeps to often? I don't think he knows what he is talking about which leads me to the next point, I have no clue about swicthing wheels and the TMPS, but I don't trust your dealer on this, so I would find out about this last point. before you decide.

Quote:
    gnil said:
    ..I am already letting go of the rear wiper...
    Still undeceided about Sunroof...and Park assist ( I know I can do well without it but...a tiny bit of luxury is tempting....!!!!)

CARLOS: My dealer realy advices me not to take the tyre pressure monitor. He says it beeps too often and if I want to have winter rims with my winter tyres ( which I need as I will put 18' rims and norrower tyres) I will have to pay extra to get the ones adapted to this. Also, if one day I want to get different rims it will be much more expensive and more difficult to get what I want.... Any comments on this?

If you saw a picture of the parking assist option on the rear bumper, you probably wouldn't want it. If I recall, it looks like a bullet holes (or was that on a a 996?)

Regarding TPMS, yeah, my dealer here in Long Beach told me the same thing about it going off too often. But without knowing if the technology has been improved, how would they really know? I would definitely get TPMS, esp., since there's no spare tire, it might give you enough warning to prepare.

It looked like bullet holes on the 996 SoCal Alan ... on the 997 they don't stand out that much anymore. Looks way better imho.

Quote:
    Rami said:
    It looked like bullet holes on the 996 SoCal Alan ... on the 997 they don't stand out that much anymore. Looks way better imho.

Yes, SoCal Alan, on the 997 they are half the size of the 996, don't stick out and are painted in the car's color. You still see them, but they don't stand out.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777697 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441884 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262864 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261076 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85341 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5626 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880746 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816205 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM