Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Have we Gone MAD!!!!

My loving wife has finally finished making her choices for her new BOXSTER S and she decided to go with the following options.... but she and I was wondering if you gentlemen...and Ladies [Jenna Included! ] if you all would kindly oblige her with your thoughts and input, many thanks in advance from the tOonEr Family....

2005 Boxster S
    - Cobalt Blue
    - Black Soft Top
    - Natural Brown all leather interior
    - Preferred Package Plus
    Includes: Wheel Caps with Colored Crests / Self-Dim Mirrors / Rain Sensors / Surround Sound Plus / Bose System in Boxster S / Heated Seats / Floor Mats in Interior Color / Bose Sound System / Bi-Xenon Head Lamps / Remote CD Changer / + Power Seat

- PASM [this really is more for me J]
    - Park Assist [I said no need but she says she does]
    - Sport Chrono Pack Plus
    - PCM 2.1
    - 19" Carrera Classic Wheels
    - Sport Steering wheel in Leather [dAngg I want this for my 997!]
    - Rear Console in Exterior Paint

July build and late September delivery if we finalize our order by Monday June 13, 2005...

ps.
    ARIVEDERCI 530i

Re: Have we Gone MAD!!!!

Nice spec - although with Cobalt I would have gone with the sand beige leather - that would look absolutely stunning and with the exterior colour centre console even better. Not sure the natural brown would go that well with cobalt - but that's a personal choice, of course. Cobalt is definitely a "girlie" colour and I'd have the blue soft top.

I could see the natural brown working well. It's an awkward thing to picture though. I don't think I've seen ANY cobalt 987 pics yet. Both interior and exterior colours are the pricy options - you're not holding back, are you?!
    Very much look forward to seeing how it looks.

IMHO, the parking sensors are worth having. They're pretty well integrated, and can be very useful sometimes. One less thing to concentrate on, means you can watch the front wings when reversing out of tight spaces. And they go beep when someone walks behind you. Imagine you're parked between two 4x4'ss in a multi-storey carpark...

Two suggestions:

I would go for a blue top, not black
    I would consider the sport seats - they are very comfortable

My 987S has the natural brown leather, PASM, sportchrono. I've put about 1000 miles on it and consider it one of the best cars I've ever driven. PASM is great; sportchrono not so sure.

Tooner, nice car but I would have dropped the Cobalt Blue (nice but not worth 3,000) and Sport Chrono (not close to being worth 1K for typical driving)....I have a July build also, 987 S - but they told me late August, I assume you ordered beyond the cutoff for that delivery?

Quote:
    Alan(NJ) said:
    Two suggestions:

I would go for a blue top, not black
    I would consider the sport seats - they are very comfortable

My 987S has the natural brown leather, PASM, sportchrono. I've put about 1000 miles on it and consider it one of the best cars I've ever driven. PASM is great; sportchrono not so sure.

Thanks for the Natural Brown Pic I really needed that, can you post more?

+ you are probably right about the sport chrono plus maybe I'll put that extra grad somewhere else...

Quote:
    ajcastaneda said:
    Tooner, nice car but I would have dropped the Cobalt Blue (nice but not worth 3,000) and Sport Chrono (not close to being worth 1K for typical driving)....I have a July build also, 987 S - but they told me late August, I assume you ordered beyond the cutoff for that delivery?

The delivery was just a guess-timate of the dealer... my wife and I wanted the weekend to finalize it before we go Monday.

That's why this board becomes our guardian conscience!

As for the cobalt blue, yeah it's a little pricey, our choices were...

White on Natural Brown
    Slate Gray or Natural Brown

But she saw this....

Grats on ordering your second topless Porsche.. this is becoming a habit . If the exterior is blue, I'd opt for something more neutral inside and on top.. like blue ext + black top + black int. I don't think I would mix three different color lines like blue-black-brown but really to each his or her own.

Trust me - I've seen cobalt / sand beige and it is the best combination EVER

Cobalt is so great. Go for it.

But as said, sand beige is better than the brown leather. The color dos not suit a porsche well. Have you considered cocoa?

PS: Don't go for blue top. It's ugly.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Trust me - I've seen cobalt / sand beige and it is the best combination EVER

yikes... I guess my wife has better taste! she said to go with the sand beige... i chose the Brown...

Dreamcar... would you have pics of that combo? i've searched myself out....

Quote:
    tooner said:
    yikes... I guess my wife has better taste! she said to go with the sand beige... i chose the Brown...

Nothing to hand - leave it with me I'll see what I can find...

wow, that natural leather interior is nice. I considered it for my Slate car, but decided the bigger contrast of sand would work better (plus I'd already gone for the expensive paint, didn't want to go crazy on the leather too). It would look beautiful with a black car though. I would suggest cobalt/sand or black/natural. I would also vote for the blue roof.

tooner,

I'd recommend the cobalt with blue top and sand beige int, or (2nd choice) with blk top and blk int.

The cobalt looks great. Two beauties in 1 garage- congrats!

All the best,
    Richard

"natural brown leather does not suit a Porsche well"

love to hear the rationale behind that opinion

Re: "natural brown leather does not suit a Porsche well"

Quote:
    Alan(NJ) said:
    love to hear the rationale behind that opinion

Alan,
    Not sure if you mean my opinion?

I generally prefer a single color scheme or 2 colors.I plan to order my 997S Cab in AS, grey and grey. The 3 blues together: cobalt, metrol blue top and blue int don't match/blend too well- IMO. Just personal preference.Sometimes 3 different colors looks a bit busy to me. I believe the cobalt with sand beige int definitely looks terrific.

Re: "natural brown leather does not suit a Porsche well"

Sorry Alan- you were referring to amazon.

Oh well, now you have my .02 worth.

Regards,
    Richard

Quote:
    tooner said:

Thinking about it - there are pictures here of cobalt and wtsnet has posted several pictures of his and beige interior - suggestion print them both off and compare.

Cobalt and Natural Brown will look just fine together....it will be very eye-catching, and given that you already have a Silver/Terracotta I take you won't mind that.....I'm the same way. If it were me I'd drop the sport chrono and add the steering wheel with the remote audio controls.....they are so nice and if your already dropping the $$$ for the PCM you might as well get the wheel controls. Other than that, looks just fine to me....

Awesome car!

Your wife will be very happy with those specs. And don't listen to people, Cobalt is the coolest color around. It would look great with a Metropol blue softtop though. Mine is.

Re: Awesome car!

Quote:
    MattTheCarNut said:
    Your wife will be very happy with those specs. And don't listen to people, Cobalt is the coolest color around. It would look great with a Metropol blue softtop though. Mine is.

Matt... I love your backside now can we see your front?... and sides

Quote:
    MikeN said:
    Cobalt and Natural Brown will look just fine together....it will be very eye-catching, and given that you already have a Silver/Terracotta I take you won't mind that.....I'm the same way. If it were me I'd drop the sport chrono and add the steering wheel with the remote audio controls.....they are so nice and if your already dropping the $$$ for the PCM you might as well get the wheel controls. Other than that, looks just fine to me....

yup... we are dropping the Sport Chrono, and I'll see if I can show that she wont need the PCM. I am also considerig taking stock rims and ordering this....

have you thought about ocean blue interior? I test drove a 997s with cobalt outside and ocean inside - very nice, but not sure how they will look against each other with the hood down.

No! No! No! Cobalt with blue interior doesn't work at all. Too much blue. To show off cobalt to its best you need a contrasting interior. And I still maintain sand beige is by far the best for that.

Quote:

Matt... I love your backside now can we see your front?... and sides

Well, since you asked so nicely.

The color is lighter and far more beautiful in real life.

Matt

No worries Matt...THANKS!!!!

Definitely COBALT BLUE....

DREAMCAR... you're right mate sand beige takes a huge vote and natural brown is our 2nd option. As far as the top ENTE make a good point - A mix of three colors may look too busy so we might go with the Blue top.

I agree with the other comments that you should go for a blue top. I wish I'd gone for Cobalt instead of Arctic, but at the time, the extra cost couldn't be justified. Maybe next time I'll go for triple-blue...

I'm going with a TechArt set-up also...actually my car will be triple black so, it'll be close...I just don't like having wheels on the car that don't have a Porsche crest on it...call me weird..

nice colour

and-but I'm unsure about cocoa brown with this-stone grey or sand would be better(not keen on ocean)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779433 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442284 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263132 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261418 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85654 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5823 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881116 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817691 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM