Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2022] Formula 1

No.  I believe this is one of the issues that needs to be finalized and what Porsche's entry in contingent on.  Porsche is seeking concessions as a new engine manufacturer, greater budget, capital investment allowances etc..  The existing engine suppliers are obviously weary of the amount of concessions and the ability of Porsche to benefit from existing Honda engine IP at RedBull.  So discussions still ongoing to finalize rules confirmation.

Whoopsy:

Will be very interesting to see who fill the seat.

[...]

Hulkenberg is their reserve for this year, could he be promoted back to full time F1 driver?

Hulkenberg is also commentator for the F1 races on Austrian ServusTV and, returning from his two stings earlier this year, he clearly said that being reserve and development driver is perfectly fine for him. It doesn't appear as if he is highly motivated to return to full-time racing in F1. As much as I like him, as a driver and commentator, I believe there are many other drivers eager to fill the spot.

The question would rather be, who is a good fit and continues the development of the car.

thuggy:

No.  I believe this is one of the issues that needs to be finalized and what Porsche's entry in contingent on.  Porsche is seeking concessions as a new engine manufacturer, greater budget, capital investment allowances etc..  The existing engine suppliers are obviously weary of the amount of concessions and the ability of Porsche to benefit from existing Honda engine IP at RedBull.  So discussions still ongoing to finalize rules confirmation.

I don't believe Red Bull actually gotten their hands on the IP yet. Hence why the engines are still from Japan and their engine shop is basically unused. It was the plan for them to be running their 'own' engine this year and be a manufacturer, but I guess wit hVAG's interest they pushed that back and got Honda to agreed to keep their hands on F1 for an extra year.

I believe there is enough of a loop hole left, where even after the Porsche tied up in 2026, 'Red Bull' could still be considered a 'privateer' team and can still enter in the future as a full manufacturer and gets benefits of a new incomer. 

All depends on how they structure the companies around one another. 

--

I feel it is somehow sad how Vettel as a 4 time champion is retiring... I feel that the past few seasons were somehow a sad ending to a really unbelievable career, it feels somehow like an ending with bad aftertaste. But it seems that he really lost his passion for racing as he also says on Instagram, at lease this is what I am hearing from him saying all he said. Anyhow I really feel this is not a well deserved ending for a really crazy career. I wish him all the best for his future and I can get why he wants to dedicate the main portion of his time to his kids, this is the most precious time when they are growing up(I have got three of my own and I am crazy about them)... 

Thanks to Seb and cheers wink

Haha!!  What can Ferrari do to fk things up this time???

upload_2022-7-29_14-13-6.png

296556716_5976579452371629_5078209698072842831_n.jpeg

Nice George!!!!

Not an easy passing track, MV is toast! Forza Ferrari.

FY7E9_-WQAEl6R0.jpeg

Mr Saturday strikes again. He basically dragged that 3rd fastest car to pole. 

Validating Toto's choice for driver this year. 

Wonder if he can get his first win also tomorrow? Will be a very tough one with 2 speedy Ferraris behind. 

Too bad Hamilton had a DRS malfunction on the last lap, or else it could have been a Mercedes front row lockout.

Verstappen again just whine on the radio. Wonder if he might need an engine change and starts from the back? That will be fun to see him work his magic through the field. 

--

Whoopsy:

Mr Saturday strikes again. He basically dragged that 3rd fastest car to pole. 

Validating Toto's choice for driver this year. 

Wonder if he can get his first win also tomorrow? Will be a very tough one with 2 speedy Ferraris behind. 

Too bad Hamilton had a DRS malfunction on the last lap, or else it could have been a Mercedes front row lockout.

Verstappen again just whine on the radio. Wonder if he might need an engine change and starts from the back? That will be fun to see him work his magic through the field. 

----Yup, this is going to be fun!!  How long can George hold the Red Cars? How long before Ferrari blunders? Can MV claw his way into significant points?  It looks dry tomorrow so Ferrari does have a great chance to close up on points, but .... they're such a messSmileySmiley

Marko says RB can change PU w/o penalties, but he's still deep, haha we'll see some action mañanaSmiley

Marko just need to know when to STFU. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He is nothing more than a lap dog, a paid employee. 

Hungary isn't a easy passing track, with Leclerc starting on the dirty side, his main concern could be Sainz. 

And Hamilton is gonna have a deja vu moment, it's like Groundhog Day for him again, starting behind Alonso, let's see if Alonso can hold him up for a long time again.

--

Great job JR63!

What an unexpected first pole position for him, sorry for Lewis to have this DRS issue as he was faster than George the whole qualifying session and starting behind FA & SO is … especially not good on this track.

At least the dutch whining baby has to work hard tomorrow 😭

I‘d really love to know what RedBull changed on their car because from the start of the season Tequila Sergio could keep up with Max but since his Monaco win suddenly his performance dropped considerably 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Looking forward to see how Ferrari will mess up this time…

Whoopsy:

Marko just need to know when to STFU. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He is nothing more than a lap dog, a paid employee. 

Hungary isn't a easy passing track, with Leclerc starting on the dirty side, his main concern could be Sainz. 

And Hamilton is gonna have a deja vu moment, it's like Groundhog Day for him again, starting behind Alonso, let's see if Alonso can hold him up for a long time again.

Haha Nick!  Take it easy, it's just lil' Marko, don't let him get your goatSmiley 

And Lord Driftalot sees the main plot: " Looking forward to see how Ferrari will mess up this time…". Forza Fk.ups!!Smiley

Can't tell you who is more annoying, Marko or Horner. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Either one is capable of spewing BS non-stop for 60 mins.

To be honest, I wanted to see Leclerc win tomorrow to close the gap. I also like to see Sainz wins as he has shown to be just as capable as Leclerc. Definitely love to see Russell win tomorrow for his maiden victory. And I love to see Norris win for his first one too. I don't mind Hamilton coming from behind and win also but first he has to get past Alonso.

Cinderella story would be Vettel winning but that's a pipe dream. Alonso has a better chance of winning tomorrow than Vettel. 

--

My younger brother is in town visiting from the West coast (Portland, Oregon) and we were watching qualifying last night when we began to discuss Vettel and Stroll being on the same team. I mentioned that Vettel might just be better off within the team if he qualifies lower on the grid than Stroll. My brother said "Oh Yes, Stroll is definitely one of the 20 best drivers on the grid" 

So Ferrari have found yet another way to screw their drivers  

DJM48:

So Ferrari have found yet another way to screw their drivers  

+1 Smiley

Again the guys from Maranello are messing it up everytime! The strategic error was already made right from the start by starting with the mediums! They ought to try at least two different strategies like Merc did with George and Lewis by splitting their tyre strategy, BUT…

How could they pick the hard tyre for poor Charly as everybody saw how bad this tyre type was looking at the performance from FA & EO/ the Alpine’s Smiley

Sir Lewis was just flawless and it’s trully a pity that he had these DRS issues. Smiley

It’s also very obvious how much better the RedBull is compared to Merc and also to Ferrari, but hopefully after the summer break George and Lewis will have a much better race car and then we’ll have some serious fighting for the constructors championship between them and Max (as Sergio is underperforming anyways) Smiley

Italy’s Harpo Marx did it again to his drivers.  

So I think now the WDC is sealed!!! I don't see how Ferrari can change this. I am really surprised how Ferrari always finds a way to fuck up the race... and if they don't do it the drivers do it. Great drive by Max and Lewis today.... Russel was a bit of a disappointment... but really nice to see that Mercedes are closing the gap. I can't remember such an exciting racy in Hungary... seems that the new rules really help kiss 

A masterclass by Max and Redbull.  Well done!

0D25209C-E05C-4511-89D5-8D46683B10D6.jpeg

Max and Red Bull have never been so pleased with Mercedes eating up points from Ferrari. When they win the championships, they really should thank Toto. But then again not sure if they are winning it or if it is Ferrari handing those to them on a silver platter. 

Poor Leclerc, just when you think Ferrari ran out of ideas to fuck up his fight, they keep finding new ways to do it, it's almost like Ferrari is throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Leclerc to get him off the team. 

Toto said in the interview, typical analytical German, pointed out that Leclerc didn't have another set of mediums left after Saturday, so they are stuck with using soft or hard for the pitstop, in a way Ferrari is stuck giving Leclerc the hard, unless they had extended his stints on the medium. Which Leclerc could well have. 

Red Bull is such a well ran machine as a whole, they pretty much won the race from behind the pit wall. Perfect planning and execution. Maybe Ferrari should poach some Red Bull personal during the summer break. 

--

Mercedes showing how it's done with the 3rd fastest car. Hamilton 2nd, Russell 3rd

Ferrari being Ferrari. Amateurs

Verstappen with a 100 points lead. His first real WDC getting closer and closer unless something bad happens (DNF or RB lack of pace after new car changes in the next race). Perez has been slow lately (probably testing the new parts).

Ferrari most likely lost the 2nd place in constructors championship.

I really don't get it how Ferrari can much so many mistakes over an over again yes Max said in the press conference after the race that they were also thinking about the hard types but as they have seen the performance with Alpine they changed their strategy... I don't get it Ferrari has got at least the same amount of people working in the garage, how is it possible that they don't see such things??? Anyhow very happy to see Mercedes slowly coming back, I hope they really start to understand their car... lets hope for good races as the WDC is over. 

Progress 

296119264_2543639625793004_7677463724096366518_n.jpg

Topspeed:

Verstappen with a 100 points lead.

One could conclude that Ferrari is losing on purpose.mail

Well, that was an intriguing, delightful racekiss 

Now that there's 2 competitive, and incisively professionally run teams -- clicking like 997 GT2 gearboxes, with 4 great drivers, Ferrari will fall out the back for the rest of the season.  

RB and MB showed their profound quality today, and Ferrari that it's a running joke.

Lewis and Max will, one hopes, give us a great show for the remainder.winkkiss  George too, not sure about Checo....

I simply think Ferrari has been out of contention for so long, they actually don't know what to do. They are being hyper-analytical and only trust what their simulation spits out instead of looking around. 

They think too much and planned too much. And quite possibly too structured. 

Hamilton, and Verstappen, called audibles during the race. They are the ones on the ground, well on the circuit with the car beneath them, they can give valuable feedbacks. Doesn't seems like Ferrari is taking those from Leclerc, but for some strange reasons they are taking feedback from Sainz. 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802456 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448315 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265870 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89879 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6348 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885244 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831683 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM