nberry:

I have had the car for three weeks and still immensely enjoy it. However, I have a gripe and it was exemplied today when I followed a Jaguar Cab FS. I had been noticing that whenever I left end my foot off the throttle the car would backfire giving farting sounds. I didn't think much of it until I followed the Jag. It has terrific exhaust sound when accelerating very much like a Ferrari. However, when he took his foot off the throttle the car did what my Targa did, backfire and fart. It sounded awful. I am sure my car isn't any better when left off the throttle. 

I didn't have the problem with GT3 and the Ferrari's. Is this because of this sport exhaust? Is it related to the turbo? This is a real downer for me. I believe if I drove without the SE engaged the backfiring is minimized. Then what is the. point of having SE?yes

That overrun popping is programmed in, many other cars have it supposedly to sound sportier, just like the Jaguar.

This happens in the NA 911.1 as well, but in the 991.2 its even more noticeable, to ridiculous levels (probably to try to make it sound sportier to compensate for the turbo sound, or lack of), IMO its already too much in the 991.1. In the 997 PSE it happens much much less.

This is something I don't like at all, a little pop here and there is OK, but it has become ridiculous now IMO.

I don''t know if its the same in the 991.2 Nick, but if you turn on the PSE but do not have it in SPORT mode, it will not pop in overrun, it only basically does it in Sport mode (occasionally in normal mode and less loudly, which is perfectly OK). This is what I do when I'm driving in traffic or city where I don't want people to hear all that popping and thinking I'm running unrestricted tunner exhausts or flooring the car...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS