Hi there,
Thanks everyone for the helpful replies. I have done more research and actually found one of the polls
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=122111&highlight=rms

On the one hand, I agreed with your point re. the poll population being skewed. OTOH, the 43% or so failure rate on this particular poll is bothersome, particularly since the number polled is not exceedingly small. It's obvious only Porsche knows what the true figure is and that figure will not be released.
I am beginning to think that if I want the 911, it would be as a lease so I don't have to worry too much.
Thanks and regards,
Can

Quote:
MrBonus said:
Quote:
ben, lj said:

yes, it is that common. it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn it was in excess of 25% (plus many cars recieve multiple RMS replacements during their lifetime) - internet polls would suggest significantly higher. the 996/7s (GT2, 3s and turbos excepted) just aren't built to the same overtolerances the 993s and before were and are probably good candidates for trade in before the warranty runs out (be it factory or extended).

Have you ever thought that those polls were so high because people who actually had RMS issues were far more likely to reply?

I think more solid evidence would be need other than select Internet whiners.