Quote:
C4S Surgeon said:
Ben, I hear you, but from porsche's perspective, here's a guy asking for a buy back who has participated in motorsports competition(Autocross, unlike DE's which are not racing) with documented type 2 over-revs. I kind of see their point. I think he deserves a new engine after three RMS leaks, not a new car/80k. You can't have your cake and eat it too. BTW, he needs to find a new dealer, sounds like an ahole.
Chris

The type 2 over revs IS valid grounds for warranty denial IF the damage can be attributed to that sort of abuse. However, the RMS has NOTHING to do with a type 2 and this apparently (from the owner in question) is what has happened with the white smoke:

from the owner on another board

"After trying to get an explanation for a year, the PNA rep explained how hard cornering and high RPM dumps too much oil in the heads which causes the smoking . . . there's an add on pump assembly that can fix it . . . voids the warranty though I think.

So you see this is a fundamental design flaw . . . Pioneer (Porsche dealer in San Diego) or any dealer couldn't fix the problem, so they started collecting data to use against me. I've had my POS F 308 for 10 years . . . I drive it identical to how I drive my 996. I would have welcomed somone from any dealer saying 'look at this print out, you need to adjust your driving style'. The PCNA rep also said the type 2 over rev's were 1000 rpm over red line . . . 8200 rpm . . . this might have been a flat out lie? ...

So basically, the PCNA rep explained that the somking is due to an indadequate lubrication system for hard cornering , and the type 2 overrev is their way of 'not fixing it'."