Quote:
///AMG Mercedes said:
That review you posted basically contradicts EVERY review of the SLR and CGT. The nervousness is due to the ultra-hard suspension and 2.7 turn steering. The reviewer is clearly biased to the CGT. How come Mr. Clarkson picked the SLR over the CGT? I'm sure the SLR was giving Clarkson a car which as described by you is practically undriveable.

What a credible review!
And Its not like I'm saying its a perfect car but what that magazine has done is taken the irks and amplified them by the CGT's redline.

When one review contraditcs every other review of a particular you have to question its credibility. But lets not argue about which magazine is better otherwise we'd be nothing but a pair of magazine racers.

The SLR like I said is an amalgamation of two comepletely different companies, it was basically a complete mix and match, mixing the best bits of MB and worst bits of McLaren.

Ever driven a W124 500E?

And so the debate goes on....

There were three reviewers in that article and they were unanimous in how badly the SLR sucked and how great the CGT was. As for Clarkson, that guy is a clown. The CGT made mince meat out of him. And you are right that MB and McLaren mated to produce a mutt which reflects very poorly on both.

Nope, I've never driven a W124 500E. Why?