Grant:
Whoopsy:

Honestly, how many sets of tires one go through on a track day? Unless a puncture occurred, most won't even change tire once.

Even the Michelin slicks can last a day lapping. 

If someone is bringing a set of track tires to change over at the track, that means a trailer is involved, not too hard to throw the extra long torque wrench for centre lock onto the trailer. Yes it's true it takes 2 person to change a wheel with centre lock, I am pretty sure someone don't mind sitting inside the car stepping on the brakes to help out. 

If it was easier, I would rotate the tires (left to right) during lunch at my track (almost all right turns on clockwise track)...

During Covid, it's more comfortable not to have a stranger sit in the car pressing the brakes...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Most performance tires are directional though, to be able to rotate tires left to right, they needed to be re-mounted on the wheel, no?

Slicks would be a grey area, they aren't really directional but if the tire is ran in one direction, it's not suppose to run in the other direction I was told but can't confirm. 

--