Quote:
fritz said:

Amazon,

While I pretty much agree with everything else you wrote, there is no way you can categorically say that a driver cannot survive a crash starting from 220 or 180 km/h without knowing anything about the nature of the crash. If the car was to crash into a concrete bridge or stone wall at those speeds, I would expect your assessment to be right, but - the way I read it - MSB's (??) post mentioned hitting the "pavement", meaning the sidewalk curb.

If there was no hard object like a wall or tree beyond the curb for the car to bounce into, after losing some energy by taking off one or more wheels and maybe tearing out the power unit(leaked oil was also mentioned), it could result in the car's kinetic energy being wiped out "relatively" gradually by breaking the car's "hardware" while it was still moving. That way, the "software" inside the car would not be subjected to such high "g" forces as would otherwise have been the case.

That kind of "accident" can be survivable even from that kind of speed, in the same way as a rollover in a car with a good crash structure can be more survivable than crashing into a hard object. It's the rate of deceleration which generally does the damage, not the speed per se.

In another thread, MSB has mentioned that he might consider buying a GT2 as a replacement for his totalled GT3. I don't think he asked for others' opinions, but - my 2 cents - from my reading of his description of his accident, I really don't think he is ready for a GT2.

I see your point. Maybe it's possible. The fact of the matter is, if I have to choose between bullshit and the truth, I would had prefer bullshit.
If that crash really happened and MSB really did what he said, that's pretty scary to see how people can be irresponsible and have absolutly no consideration what so ever for the others on the road.

You say he's not ready for a GT2, I'd say he should'nt be allowed to drive.