This is interesting. I know from seeing tests in the past that both Porsche and Ferrari have chosen to do things at times as what they believe to be a good choice.

As a man who loves both Porsches and Ferraris for what joy they bring me. Do not tell me that all of you believe one manufacturer is safer than the other. Both have made errors in the past. All of you have valid concerns.

I would like to see that structural safety as well as passive safety are equally important. In regards to a side impact at speed. How do any of you feel you are more protected by your side airbag vs side structural strength?

If the side of your car is the first line of defense and your side airbag is the second. If the first does not protect you, your head is bouncing off of the bumper of that SUV and the airbag does not matter at all.

Ferrari is claiming that their side structural strength plus their seat design are going to protect your head without the need for a side airbag as your head is not going to get close to hitting the window or any other object at that distance from your head.

In regards to the websites highlighting sportscar accidents. First it is a bigger deal to see Ferraris totaled than Porsches. As someone said earlier people that are not lucky enough to own either sportscar love to see sportscars in all different pictures even accidents. People don't see Ferraris that often as it is compared to Porsches. So it is natural from these sites to focus on the rare vs the not so rare.

I want facts to support what some have said here.

Also all manufacturers have to build and safety test any car sold in the USA. They all have the same standards to meet.