Quote:
Ferdie said:
indeed I think so. Do you remember the fastest lap ever driven on the Ring? It was way below 7 seconds, about two decades ago and with a similiarly big vehicle - the Porsche Group-C racer, also competing in LeMans.

Ferdie,

If you are talking about the famous record 6:11 lap time Stephan Bellof set in 1983 in the 956, then you can forget about using it as a guide. Not only as it done with a full race car with qualifying slicks, but more importantly, it wasn't a full nurburgring lap as many people think. During that time, the track was being remodeled into the new nurburgring and hence a part was cut off, it was a full 2km shorter than a full lap. Hence Derek Bell also went sub 7min at the same time (6:41). Only an F1 recorded an under 7min lap in 1971.

Quote:

The only difference between the 956/062 and CGT is that the first one had a turbocharged engine - on the other hand I bet that the V10 could produce 800 hp in race trim. If the CGT would be similiarly radical as the, ...haha, Radical it would weight 500 kg less!

I disagree, the 956/962 hasve NOTHING in common with the CGT, from the tubular chasis to the extreme aerodinamics, from the 80's Group C full race car specs to the just over 800kg curb weight. The engine is the least of the differences. The problem with the CGT is not the difference in HP (the CGT has more than enough that it can apply with street tires to the ground and use effectively), its that the CGT was a streetcar in all its intention and solutions applied from the start (except the engine was initially intended for Le Mans) and was so developed. They are even more different that comparing a GT3 with the GT3RSR racecar. They are just completely different beasts for different purposes IMO.

If they made the CGT radical enough to go under 7min in todays nurburgring, then it wouldn't be a CGT nor street legal anymore I wouldn't see a point to the CGT trying to compete with a Radical in the ring, consider it a different class on its own and the CGT is a different car (a real car) that offers so much more