Quote:
deathnell said:

Do you mean that it's the Attesa AWD system which provide incredibly fast cornering speed?

Ultimately I guess that's part of the reason, it doesn't feel like alchemy just a very unfussed ability to carry more speed into a corner and get on the power earlier when exiting.

I think the general sentiment that most people (who have experienced the GT-R) have is that its a very enjoyable and capable car, but not without its flaws. But then surely you wouldn't expect a flawless car for almost half the price of a 911 TT, but then again there is nothing within its price range that comes close to its talents and capabilities.

We just finished our V8 saloons group test and will be publishing our conclusions in the next few days. We were quite pleased with the lap times that were set around Silverstone GP's circuit, but none of our 400+ bhp saloons got within 5 seconds of the lap time we set with the GT-R, not even close and they are all the same kind of price. That's puts the GT-R's pace more in perspective.

Perhaps the whole GT-R vs GT2 debate is missing the point (although I do accept that Nissan started the debate going in the first place!).