(The title is just to grab your attention. I love my baby, "now more than ever." ) Recent rave articles in Excellence Magazine of first the GMG Racing Turbo, then the Champion Werks1 Turbo left me intrigued; reviewers' preference/bias notwithstanding, both in general criticize stock Turbo of, in my interpretation & to make long story short, having "too much" of a daily driver character. (Too perfect at what it's designed for!)

What gave me a chuckle is that in my basic level "forum research" into suspension mods, the discussions were found across ALL 911 forums: Turbo, GT3, GT2, etc. But most interesting and relevant to our car, are the ones in the *996* TURBO forum. The criticisms, to paraphrase: "happy" tail in curves, understeer, too soft, too high, flex inherent in the factory suspension from rubber bushings/components, toe link needing Tarett replacement. And if you find them to be similar to Excellence Mag's criticisms of 997 Turbo, you are absolutely correct!

To me the consistent complaints is a sign that Porsche has a consistent target for what the Turbo *should* feel like (IMHO same as C2/C2S/C4S, opposite from GT3), and since this "target" will follow a bell's curve distribution as far as users' reaction, the majority of owners, but not everyone, will be happy. In other words, mods will continue to flourish I suspect, not helped by the fact that forum Turbo owners might tend to be the tinkering type with untreated OCD.

Personally, I do like my car to be "stiffer and lower ". I'd like it to lean less and and has less squating during acceleration. And if the guys say your handling and steering feel are great but could be better, without a sacrifice to "daily driveability," I am intrigued. I see 3 approaches:
1. Bilstein
2. Champion Werks1
3. GMG Suspension Package

I am wondering which one to follow. Any opinion? Anyone wants to experiment with me? It's not that expensive.