Just as in any profession, you've got a range of personalities and intelligence from hero to zero... He may've not been the brightest bulb on the force when it comes to judgement and exercising discretion (i.e., he sees and expensive fast car accelerate quickly, and immediately jumps to a false conclusion because his "processor" isn't the quickest..). At least he didn't scratch you a ticket...

However... Troopers are the WORST in my experience... Just think about their job for a moment, compared to City Police or County Sheriff....

It's a thankless job with limited duties and only rare opportunity to help people and feel good about yourself... And when you're not being universally HATED by the people you're writing-up, you're called in on crashes where you get to see women and children maimed and/or killed, where your hands are fairly tied until the firetrucks and paramedics arrive... Lovely....

I wouldn't have that job for anything. And THAT is my theory as to why Troopers are almost always in a foul mood, and suppress their emotions and personalities...