Fair enough and very good question. If I like to have instant Thai noodle, I go for "Mama Tom Yum," based in Bangkok, Thailand. Nothing else would do. Would I then be considered to be prejudiced against Nestle?

If I like to buy an exotic Italian sport car, would I be considered "prejudiced" for wanting the manufacturer to be BMW, rather than a Vietnamese bicycle producer (just exaggerating for emphasis here)?

My initial thought is country of origin has nothing to with the potential problem of this acquisition. Your question actually made me re-consider. The answer is yes country does matter, but not just India per se. My ranking, for a European-type sport car, would for example be Germany (because of the tradition and experience with making European-flavor sport cars) over US, US over India, India over Mongolia, etc.
Conversely, if it's a low cost truck for third world countries we are talking about, then perhaps the ranking would be reversed, India over Germany.

Quote:
ADias said:
Quote:
cannga said:
I'd rather pay more for my Porsche to prevent the company from meeting this type of unfortunate and nasty fate. ...

Why? Would your reaction be the same if the suitor were British or French? a bit prejudiced, perhaps?