Engine light went out when reset via OBD computer. Has stayed out since. Now at 630 miles

After a 150 miles top down trip, I had a slight ringing in my ears. I may fit a larger Caterham silencer. One ARP4 with this mod sounded perfect, less boomy and more musical.

It was chucking it down on the motorway .. the rain was near horizontal, which meant water droplets coming in where the sunvisors' rods attach to windscreen frame .. but only the rod nearest the sides. No leaking on A pillar like last time. It may have been caused by my hasty erection of the roof under a motorway bridge with huge lorries flying past .. not an experience to be savoured.

The engine is loosening up nicely, it already feels more together. It idles more smoothly, and I took it up to 5000rpm, which was exciting. Didn't feel all that powerful though.

Although it doesn't annoy me that much, the front does bounce a bit on bumpy roads, it's as if there's no damping. It makes the car feel slightly unruly and disconnected. I'm told the front will 'settle down' after 1000 to 1500 miles. 

I have been caught out trying to steer large angles at low speeds one handed (eg. roundabouts); you need 2 hands!

I took a non motorway route back to London .. some wonderful A roads, clear, well sighted and with corners. When the road is smooth, the car is a dream, it hangs on, it feels perfectly damped, it is a real pleasure pouring it round the corners. You can feel it working with you, and it is a delight. And the noise from the engine is loud, but not too obnoxious; but it is a touch too loud.

Stopped off for tea at a friends (dirt doesn't show too much!):

My 'cupholder':

My newest in car accessory 

More Cosworth branding 

check out the high tech brake cooling ducts