Quote:
cannga said:
You are very welcome Gregg. Your posts on PCCB played a part in my decision to "research" about and eventually order the brake (thanks).

Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
cannga said:
I had a long conversation/thread on www.rennteam.com's GT2/3 forum a while back on this issue with someone who is based in Germany and tests brake in some professional capacity. He is knowledgeable (at least appears so to me), experienced, and is NOT exactly a PCCB advocate. One of the very few advantages, actually the ONLY one, he would concede to PCCB unconditionally is the reduced unsprung weight (35 lbs. against Big Red AFAIK).

Supposedly the advantage is more than just the weight loss. Being of the unsprung type, this small amount is enough to result in "better" ride/handling that is noticeable. You could also hear/feel the difference if you are to put your ear against the floor of the car as it goes over things like railroad track (I told him my wife wouldn't exactly appreciate this kind of experiment.).

Between PCCB and wheels, the unsprung weight saving would be around 50 lbs!

Quote:
STRADALE said:

Me too, compliments the car really well. Both the 67 & 171 accomplish this imo plus they're lighter than stock. I wonder if you can feel any difference when combining 2 lighter unsprung factors,,,,, lighter PCCB's w/ the lighter wheels VS. steel w/ stock. Maybe, maybe not but it can't hurt.

Thanks Can.

You're welcome, hopefully you feel like you really made the right choice.

One of the things I just noticed on that Grey Turbo Cabrio is it looks like the new HRE monoblock rims are out further than the tires, can't tell for sure but if this is the case then they're not for me. I cant stand it when the rim juts out further than the tire reminds me of a low rider. On the Champion rim there is a flat surface and the tire bulges to the outside more than the rim.