I drove a porsche for the first time in my life: an (old) cayenne with the v6. Manual.

The car handles way better than the touareg but the engine is useless. You don't fell the 250bhp at all. I know that the car is heavy but the cayenne is so slow. And that's not even the worst part: the cayenne V6 feels like any other car. Nothing special. It was my first go in a a porsche and I was looking forward to drive it but what a disppointment it was.

It's the only porsche I've driven so far and I will have the opportunity to drive most of the 911, boxsters and cayennes in the coming days and weeks but it's not a good start. An audi A4 TDI is just as fast. It feels even more powerfull with 136bhp than the cayenne. That cayenne V6 (don't know about the 295bhp version) is made for posers who want to be able to say that they have a porsche. Sorry, but it's teh truth.

The manual wasn't so bad. I doesn't suit an SUV at all but my guess is that the tip will be even slower.

How come I have access to porsches ?: I got a summer job at D'ieteren, the company that imports porsches (and audi, VW, Seat, lambo, bentley and skoda.)

I get to drive around all day mostly in audis and vw but I get my hands on porsches too.

There are a few over there right now including a cobalt blue 997 turbo, bunch of cayennes S and turbos, a 986 and a cayman.

I'm looking forward to have a go in those too , hope I won't be disappointed as I was with the cayenne V6.

There's an S5 too. A red one. Hope I will get to drive it.

I'll keep you posted, make comparaisons, and report on the good/bad drives.

I only accepted the job ( will last a month) to have some fun. And I have plenty of that.