Well I finally bit the bullet and placed an order for a MY08 Turbo coupe.

My earlier battle of the brain vs the heart was settled on a cost basis in the end. The Turbo, despite its much discussed short-comings, is still the best all round choice Supercar (at least for me anyway).

I will get to my spec in a minute but first I wanted to let you know some MY08 options that I saw today on my OPCs internal car configuration system. New for MY08:

• Turbo sports Body-kit (around Pounds3500) - includes revised front spoiler lip, and fixed rear wing. There was a warning about ground clearance on the system. Available from Sept 07, although the sales guy suggested that Dec-Jan was more likely.
  • No extended navigation option - this is now included in the base model as standard
  • More colours including that brown currently illustrated on the Porsche site with the Turbo Cab pictures.
  • Thicker leather multi-functional steering wheel

I think that was about it from what I recall. Oh yes, and a 2.3% rise in base price. Outch.

OK, so my spec is the following:

• Midnight Blue Metallic
  • Leather interior in special colour cocoa
  • Windscreen with grey top tint
  • Electric slide/tilt sunroof
  • ParkAssist (parking aid rear)
  • Sport Chrono Package Plus
  • Sport shifter
  • Manual Transmission
  • Adaptive sports seats
  • Heated seats
  • Floor mats
  • Three-spoke multi-function steering wheel in Aluminium Look
  • Gear lever and handbrake lever in aluminium
  • Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (VTS)
  • Telephone module

I am currently on the fence over the following:

• Rear centre console: Aluminium vs Leather vs Standard
  • Steering wheel: Multi-Function Thicker vs Aluminium
  • Rear axle-differential lock: yes vs no

Any thoughts?

I am also going to add privacy glass (tinted windows), and ClearBra/3M chip protection coating protection.

I am waiting to find out an exact month that I will get the car, but it should be somewhere between Oct and Dec. So at least I get to enjoy my Cabriolet for the summer before I trade in.

Pic as below, although the brakes will be yellow instead of red...