Quote:
VGA18 said:
Nick ,

I agree you mostly. Especially about the 996TT vs 360 Modena. Pretty sure 996 TT is faster and stable than 360 Modena but it has some missing things. For example i wanna give example from me , i was a 996 C4S owner and i relly like my excar but my mind was at 360 modena at that days. Because 996 TT is not more than "" a faster 996 C4S"" But when stop at lights its idling sound , cruising sound also revving up sound was incredible. But of course 996TT is the best performance car at that days(2002-2004). Anyways because of this reason, i didnt buy a new porsche after selling C4S.

DavidSF,

I agree the part about some people their Ferrari as da,ly drive because money is not issue for them. Yes that's right but this is not also related about Ferrari. If i were a prince UAE or Brunei, i would like to drive Saleen S7 or Pagani Zonda for shopping.(Of course kidding but example for the point) Most of Ferrari owners do not use their daily cars one for depreciation, second for the car is not suitable for daily car. The car is not built for daily drive. For example you stuck in a high traffic, and after a while you can feel the burn clutch smell. It happen on me sometimes with my G when in traffic. And there are many issues like this. But in Porsche i dont care weather , traffic or anything else on road.

It's like this. Just think you have 2 good brand suits. You wear #1 suit everyday when you go to work. And you wear #2 suit on some specialy meetings and days. Because it is only built for special meetings. They are both suits but for different tastes.

And i think real Porsche owners' taste is to drive their car daily and in every conditions. I respect their oppinion and this is their taste. Porsche can be driven as a daily car because it is really solid. One of the solid cars that i ve bought and pretty sure much solid than any Ferrari, Lamborghini...

Anyway but i dont see any Porsche owner complaning about the company strategy. I made search starthing from 3 weeks ago. In last three weeks the weather was pretty good except this week. I count all Porsche, Ferrari , Lambo models here.
I did not count Cayenne or Boxster, just counted any 993,996,997 and Cayman from Porsche, counted all models of F and Lambo.
Result was P:20, F:5 L:1. (boxster and cayenne not included)

Guys dont you annoyed about there are a lot of Porsche's on street? You all have specail cars.
I mean when i got my C4S there are not so many Porsche's on streets but in last 3 years i ve seen a lot P cars on street. Porsche's are special cars and imo Germany's #1 car. But i ve seen 997 Carrera/Carrera S , more than the sum of number of Merc SL55 and BMW M5/6.

Imo in last 4 years Porsche is becoming like BMW. Not comparing the cars exactly but they are in same class.They have similar performance, price etc. They both have SUV , both have very fast cars (ex: M6, 997TT), both have roadsters(Boxster,Z4), small coupes(Cayman,Z4M Coupe) and now a 4door saloon is on the wat for Porsche. I really wonder what will they do at 2010.( A compact class sport car a rival for Audi S3 or a very huge saloon ???)

After these strategies may effect Porsche's speciality negatively. And porsche is making no progress as ""a Porsche"", just developing like a BMW or Audi or Merc in same strategies..
Porsche need to produce more Carrera GT type of cars. Maybe not at that price or 600+hp 350k USD, but slower than CGT cheaper than CGT. Wouldnt be good???

"The car is not built for daily drive." LOL. I wonder what Ferrari would tell you if you said Ferraris aren't built to be driven daily. Being unreliable or expensive to maintain doesn't mean a car wasn't built to be a daily driver. I can say most American cars from the 70s and 80s aren't meant to be daily drivers! LOL. The question is, can you afford tune-ups at regularly scheduled intervals and the occasional unscheduled malfunction? As for your suit analogy, rich people do in fact wear Armani suits everyday if they need to wear suit for their daily job.

David