Quote:
thuggy said:
I keep reading things about some cars having soul, others not having it, some cars have passion, others lacking? So is a difficult to drive, unreliable, loud bordering on obnoxious, uncomfortable car full of passion and soul?

I guess if your asking you have not experienced it. I suggest it may be a function of driving Porche's. Make no mistake they are great cars. However, they are focused on efficient performance at which they brillantly succeed.

However, Porsche's are viewed by most as sterile and lacking panache. Passion and soul exist along side but outside performance. It is all about the other factors including styling, sound, communication with the car and road and yes, SPECIALNESS .

An automotive writer for the San Diego Tribune in today's paper wrote this about his drive in the 997TT

"Porsches, ubiquitous as they are in San Diego, all look alike to nongearheads and hence don't draw attention as do the flashy Italian marques. On the freeway and under a light foot, the 911 is tame and predictable, a usable daily driver."

Sorry, how is that any different than a SL63-65? Usable daily cars are not about passion or engender soul. They are about transportation albeit fast transportation in the case of the Turbo. GREAT CAR BUT NOTHING TO EXCITED ABOUT. I guess that says it all.