Quote:
cortonpark said:
Rossi - thanks for your input. Couple of questions for the Rennteam expert!!

The leather door sills have a kick plate - but am I going for overkill? The metal sills as standard also look great.

electrical seats with heating are a concession to my wife...any comments about how many cars I buy are all forgotten once she gets into a seat with heating!!

How does the sat nav display itself? The dealer was very vague in his description.

I will take the CCM - its something that if I don't I will wish I had when the car arrives - like my 997TT which I wish I had taken the pccb when I ordered. I guess its just taking that plunge with new technology which makes me nervous but nobody I have ever spoken to has ever said "i wish I didn't have those damn ceramic brakes fitted!!"

The kick plates of the leather covered sills are rather small. There's a front part in aluminium, the rest is leather. Take a look at the pic I've posted below. If you don't have the leather sills, this (inner) part of the sills will be covered with carpet . The aluminium is only the outer part of the sills, you will get that in any case, no matter if you'll go for the leather option or not.

If you ask me, the leather sills are a waste of money, as this is a part of the car, where I don't need leather but carpet. But that's certainly a matter of personal preference.

Now I can clearly understand, why you go for the heated seats. I would have chosen heated seats as well, if they were available withouth the elcetrical seats. I recognized, that I hardly never change my seats except back and forth. For that I don't need electrical seats. Most probably I will go with the racing seats next time anyway, if they are as gorgeous as in case of the 599 GTB.

The new SatNav is identical with the Becker Cascade 7944 Navi and looks like this (only saying "Ferrari" instead of "Becker"):

It has 64 MB RAM and 32 MB Flash memory, for 34 European countries and 14 languages. The route guidance is done by announcement in natural voice and the on the display you can see turn-offs with side roads, numerical display and decreasing bars up to turn-off point, current road, turn-off road, estimated time of arrival, current position, remaining journey time, remaining distance and time. Of course there is no map function, as the screen is much too small for that.

Good choice to go for the CCM, try them and you'll never regret it - I promise. They are simply stunning and the future of braking technology.

Here is the pic of the leather sills BTW: