Quote:
KresoF1 said:
Power Kit will have between 510-515hp as Christian(RC) already said. His information were always pretty correct IMHO.
Regarding typo or not in Sport Auto... My friend who works for AMS told me that PK for 997 turbo will have 512hp. So, true or not?
I do not know yet, but his info is very close to RC's info at beggining of this thread...

Any way Power Kit will be pretty extensive(some gearbox changes, etc.) and expensive. 3.8L(3746ccm)? I do not know.

But, how this sound to you:
512hp/680Nm
0-100: 3.7s(manual)
0-200:12.0s(manual)
Max: 317km/h
Price: Euro 17000

Of course, this is just my imagination...

Great thread everyone, and thanks for the, um, "rumours," Kreso and RC.

I would be pleasantly surprised if the powerkit had a 3.8L engine. Of course, a new motor (or at least new cylinders and pistons amongst other hardware) seems to stretch the meaning of the word "kit." It seems rather un-Porsche-like to increase displacement of the TT yet, perhaps not even yet for the 997GT2, since the existing VTG on the 3.6L GT1-based engine can handle a slight bump in max. boost to 1.3 or 1.4 and, consequently, 550 peak HP. And with the GT2's no doubt freer-flowing (and louder ) exhaust, that would easily get one to 530HP, let alone 550.

And ala the 996TT/PK/S, certainly the gearbox, oil pump and intercoolers could be tweaked and upgraded, as well. I would also welcome a bigger VTG, but as Eclou said, if the PK makes only 30 or so extra ponies, even without a freer flowing exhaust, Porsche would have to limit/detune the car even further-which tuners and enthusiasts like myself wouldn't mind, since a "re-tune" would be fairly easy.

So I am guessing we will see 3.6L possibly with a modded compressor side of the VTG-or a bigger VTG (although for only 510-515HP, I'm getting more skeptical of this). There could be a tranny mod. to handle the little extra torque/heat, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same (or similar) strangulating exhaust found its way onto the PK, as well.

I definitely WANT to see 3.8L, bigger VTG's, a freer exhaust, plus gearbox/oil pump/intercooler mods., since that would be a great platform for making 650-700HP. I just don't think it will happen. BUT I am hoping I am dead-wrong.

On the question of a retrofit, RC's statement that "...there is also a very good chance that the PK will NOT be retrofittable..." doesn't necessarily mean to me that the engine will be 3.8L or that the VTG will be bigger, just a slightly modded tranny alone could achieve that restriction.

I hope Porsche surprises me/us on the PK, and this will clarify when I will order a 997TT.