Quote:
amazon said:
could you go back to a manual now that you drive an automatic all the time. How would you feel going back to a 6 speed? I've heard that oonce you go for an auto, you never go back. What's your view on this?

Due to a longer stay in a foreign country (behind the iron curtain when it was still in place ), I had to drive a Mercedes with automatic tranny for almost four years. Afterwards, I bought a BMW M3 with manual, no problem at all. I NEVER choose my car(s) by "ideology", I always buy what suits me best for a certain purpose. I wanted the Tip in the 997 Turbo because a lot of people who were involved directly or not that directly in development, recommended it to me. I didn't regret it for one single day, believe it or not. If the next Turbo is faster with manual, I choose manual. That simple. Many people believe that manual and Tip actually are both on the same performance level but drive on a very narrow country road with lots of curves and bad pavement and believe me, you will NEVER be able to follow me in a manual car since you need to use one hand for shifting. On the track however, Tip could be a disadvantage, it needs some sort of a "pre-emptive" throttle foot and this isn't easy.

Hope this answers your question a little bit.