Quote:
993Targa said:
I'm afraid is that what you save on the purchase price you would loose on the depreciation. Mots people would take a facelifted Cayenne Turbo over an old Turbo SBut then I do not know what the discount was you got..

Discount was huge since dealer had to get rid of the car and I even got a superb price for mine.
Trust me, I would have never considered the "old" Turbo S if the savings wouldn't have been substantial.

A little update on drive feel: suprisingly, the Turbo S (it is a pretty young MY 2007 car) has almost no turbo lag and no throttle response lag. It feels like my 997 Turbo Tip without sport chrono turned on, very nice. A HUGE difference compared to my Cayenne Turbo Powerkit, this is a very surprising experience I didn't expect.
Another interesting thing: the steering feels sportier and more direct, especially in curves. Since I switched the winter tires from my old Turbo to the Turbo S, the difference isn't caused by different tires.

Overall I'm very happy with my choice but like I said before: I would have NEVER opted for the "old" Cayenne if I wouldn't have had this great chance to get a Turbo S at a great price, not to speak about the price my "old" Turbo achieved.

Btw: on my way to the dealer to pick up the Turbo S and to leave the Turbo Powerkit over there, I had a very nasty icey road encounter where I ended up sliding at around 70 kph through a 100* curve SIDEWAYS over all four wheels. I was very very lucky that the Autobahn exit was very wide (two lanes) and this happened only one km away from the dealer. The street was dry and it was sunny, outside temp at around 8*C. Unfortunately I forgot that the sun was shining but in shadow areas, the temperature was only at around 0* or slightly below, incl. some areas with were partially wet.