Quote:
daedton said:
I'm not ready to believe the dealers yet on whether or not there will be on 08 GT3 RS. I'm 2nd on the list at this dealer in Colorado and it's for certain I won't get an 07 as they are only getting 1 car. For those of you out there that have links into people with Porsche in the know...can you help those of us out that are going insane wanting one of these fabulous beasts. Are we going to need to wait for a 998 version which could be 3 years out?

Daedton

Some thoughts from me, based on different discussions with Porsche employees.

- Not only for us, but also for Porsche seems the name "RS" to be something very special. For them the name "RS" is more than a Marketing-Gimmick. I'm pretty sure.

- Porsche do want (!) the RS to be a model where is more demand than supply. They also do want every RS-owner to know that he owns something special, a car with more demand than supply! (I would also suggest that a small part of the price difference - compared with the "normal" GT3 - covers this strategy.)

Of course, Porsche is in the business to make money. That is also for sure. Why shouldn't they?

So I would suggest that Porsche would fulfil high demand. But they would also take into account that there will be some (low) demand they won't fulfil!

So if I where in your position, and I would really, really want a RS, I would write a letter to Porsche. I would tell them why I really want a RS!

And of course I wouldn't write this letter to some sales representative ...

Just some thoughts from me.

Mobile