Quote:
MKSGR said:
Strange. No news on the RS Tuning web site... (www.rs-tuning.de)

Nothing new, it probably takes them half a year or so to update their website.

Although the kits are available now (well, actually the data is available, I doubt they're streetlegal yet in most countries, it needs time), there is again our recommendation: WAIT. I know this may sound a bit pathetic to repeat myself again and again but from past experience with 996 Turbo kits and with other issues, it is always a clever thing to do...to WAIT another couple of months.

Also don't forget one thing: the Kit 3 and 4 change the engine displacement, meaning that your warranty is GONE.
Just a friendly reminder for those who are power hungry and start to cry afterwards when they get the repair bill from their dealer when the engine or whatever breaks down. It happened many times before with 996 Turbo tuning and I remember very well the PMs and mails I received from various Users by that time.
Porsche is very strict about warranty repairs and changing the displacement surely is one of the mods which is very very difficult to "hide".

As to the "has RS-Tuning used VTG chargers or not" question: I don't have a clue yet. Apparently there seems to be a possibility to modify the VTG charger but I haven't seen it myself yet, so I don't have any details. A few infos are floating around some Tuner websites on the internet but there aren't REAL details available, just a few vague general descriptions.

Btw: if somebody wants to play the guinea pig (I already did with the Cargraphic exhaust)...be my guest. At least we get some first hand information.