Even over here in Germany, with no speed limit, I seldom meet somebody who is faster than me...in the Cayenne Turbo. Meaning: the 997 Turbo stock car is actually more than satisfying regarding power and performance. Any desire for more than stock is actually more of a male pride thing I guess because you don't gain any real advantage from it, not for street driving and not for track driving.

Yes, I'm looking for more power too, no doubt about it. On the other hand, before I ordered the 997 Turbo, I knew exactly what I'm getting: a perfect daily driver which also is a lot of fun. If I would have wanted a sunny weather weekend fun car only, I would have gone for the 997 GT3 RS instead, not to mention that it looks much more spectacular than the 997 Turbo.

People always want more, more power, more money, bigger b..bs for the wife, bigger ... well, you get my point. The question is: what for? Fun? You can have fun in a 415 HP 997 GT3, you don't need a 700 HP monster to have fun in it. I don't say don't do it, everybody can do whatever he wants with his own money. I just say...WAIT. Apparently Tuners still have some issues with the new VTG technology but I'm also pretty sure that by next summer or so, these issues will be a thing of the past.