Quote:
VKSF said:
Quote:
SciFrog said:
Ah the joys of owning a Ferrari. Wait until you loose the warranty (2 years only in the US vs 4 for most other cars).

Didn't 997S have those poseur-quad exhaust tips falling off spontaneously???....and still has RMS issues after all these yrs????...and 997TT had brake surgery needed on some early PCCBs for squeaking....

But those who have 430 laugh at trade-in time after 6-12 mos of driving when they get their MSRP back and just get another new loaded [Email]F@MSRP[/Email] ....while the loaded 997TT owners eat $50K in deprec, as their car is obsoleted by PDK/PK/PSE intros in ?MY08.....even after they put up w/'07 997TT's annoying turbo lag, Prius Turbo-like factory-spec exhaust note and lack of Tip paddle shifters.....

No doubt overall ownership experience of Ferrari places a beat down on Porsche. I remember trading in my first Porsche (996 turbo) and best I could get was $86k. (sticker $120k) And that was November 2003, way before 997 turbo introduction and the car was perfect w/ only 5000 miles. Trading in my Stradale however was a pleasure and no pain. I'm concerned with "PDK/PK/PSE intros in ?". I'm first on my dealers list for the turbo cabriolet but what do I do if I know the PDK will be out within months of the turbo cabs launch? The $ residual is not the issue for me re this, it's the fact you can't just upgrade like a PSE. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep the car for a few years this time. I'm thinking about waiting for the PDK. By the time the turbo cab is out it can't be that long after that the PDK will be out. Maybe it will even be out when the turbo cab is launched. Who knows.

ps: The only problem I have w/ my 430n so far is one of the valve stems (the front left) has what looks like a small piece of plastic in it. I went to check the tire pressure manually even though I have the TPMS and I couldn't get a reading. I tried to put air in the tire and it wouldn't work. The 3 other valves were no problem. Anyone else experience this? I have to call the dealer and get an appointment I guess.