I just received my notice in the mail regarding this recall. This is the one reported previously where the emergency brake return spring may rub against the wiring and eventually cause a short. There have been no actual reported cases of this occuring so don't get in a panic, but do take your car in when you get the notice.

This will be Porsche recall #A311 and NHTSA recall #04V069000. Here is a summary from the NHTSA website:

Quote:
Make: PORSCHE
Model: CAYENNE S
Year: 2004
Recall Number: 04V069000
Summary:
ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE MAIN WIRING HARNESS WAS INCORRECTLY ROUTED. DAMAGE TO THE MAIN WIRING HARNESS CAN LEAD TO THE FAILURE OF VARIOUS ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS.
Consequence:
IN EXTREME CASES, TO A CABLE FIRE BENEATH THE INSTRUMENT PANEL IN THE PASSENGER COMPARTMENT.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL RE-ROUTE THE WIRING HARNESS. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED AN OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT PORSCHE AT 1-800-545-8039.
Notes:
CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION’S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

You can search for this and other recalls at the NHTSA website: link. There are other recalls for the Cayenne but this is the first one I have received a notice on. I guess my VIN was not affected by the others. There was a safety label thing that I believe my dealer handled when mine was delivered.