Porker:

It looks much better than the higher wing to my eyes. I like it!

A retractable wing a la 911 Turbo may have been the classier soution but I actually drove in a V10 Plus mule Smiley and it had the rear wing of the Coupe. It looked really good. Need to see that wing lip live to make a final judgement but while I'm not a fan of wings, the Coupe's wing really grew on me.

The R8 needs two major improvements: Tires and...chassis. This morning we had some driving fun around lake Garda and when tire temp passes 60 deg C, the tires are done. Also I forgot to reactivate ESP in Performance mode Dry and learned almost the hard way that even at speeds around 80-100 kph, the base setup of the R8 could need some overhaul. Apparently I scared the sh.t out of the other drivers when I slipped along a rock face at a couple of centimeters distance. Mid engined cars, especially the R8, don't really love spontaneous load alterations (not sure this is the right English word for it...). There might be a video of this... 

Hoping for a new tire generation with the coming new model year... 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)