Quote:
Fanch said:
You'd be surprised, I know a guy who has a two door Pajero in my town and he's a really really cool dude! I envy him...
Seriously, you're right, although, maybe a nice Cayenne S instead and with the price difference, a nice little Boxster S. Don't know if the price difference would have been enough though...

Francois, I told you before: the Cayenne Turbo is a car I have to drive because of the family, not because I really want to drive it. Some people sometimes are shocked because I say things exactly how they are but if I'd be single or married without kids, I'd drive a GT3 RS now and not a Cayenne Turbo if you get my point.

The Cayenne doesn't need more power? Well, I heard that from V6 owners and I heard that from "S" owners but c'mon, guys, you can't be serious. If you want a serious off-roader, the Cayenne isn't the right product. It's counterpart Touareg just failed miserable in a snow test comparison in a german car magazine and as much as I want to believe that the Cayenne is a serious off-roader, it isn't. It is a very nice combo of all worlds but no real off-roader and no real sports car. Performance? Well, look at the newer SUV products from Cadillac and Nissan, they both perform well too.
And when the new ML and new X5 come out, the cards will be shuffled again as we say here.
Why do people buy a Cayenne? Well, it is a Porsche, right?!
And of course the Cayenne is a great product, very nicely engineered and refined. But we have to be honest to ourselves: for the money of a Cayenne Turbo I could buy a Boxster S and a fully equipped Toyota Landcruiser.

Power is the key to fun. Otherwise even the Cayenne S has no justification. Why do people need that kind of power, the V6 power would suffice.
What is wrong with a lot of power in a SUV?
Fuel consumption? I agree. But even with less power, most SUVs are real fuel eaters.
Environmental issues? A Cayenne Turbo at full power output is "cleaner" than any of those 90's cars still driven by a lot of people.

Every person has a personal power "limit". 17 years ago, I thought that 200 HP in a 1250 kg car are my personal power limit. After owning a tuned 996 Turbo, I came close to my personal power limit, somewhere around 600 HP.
And in the Cayenne Turbo, my "limit" would be probably in the 550 HP range.
With "limit" I mean the horsepower I can fully control in any situation, even when driving at the limit.
Some people might want to have 700 HP in a 996 Turbo and can't even move a Boxster to it's limit but that's a different story.

Power is not everything, I agree. But with a net weight of around 2.5 tons, the Cayenne Turbo NEEDS power, power and...power.