Quote:
RC said:
HERE IS THE REVIEW, enjoy:

Porsche, GM, Ferrari and Lamborghini should send you "Thank you" letters for making life easier for them. Honestly.

The reading itself has been a great joy indeed, because your review is structured very well and shows a great balance in mentioning all the pros and cons based on objective data and subjective driving impressions
Kudos to you for this great review which should be a mandatory lecture for all so-called motor journalists
Also thank you very much for taking the effort of writing the extensive report despite your recently increasing workload from business.

Of course the joy ends when reading the final sentence of your review

PAG seems to be in need of some fresh blood and new thinking (or should I say "old" blood and "old" thinking) in order to refocus on two main basics of their heritage:
superior (not only "on par") performance (in terms of objective data) and ultimate driving fun (in terms of subjective driving impressions).
I'm sure it can be done even without putting PAG's high profit margins at risk. I'm also sure it's not too late to steer back onto this track. However I'm speaking as a sportscar lover and not as a marketing expert - if PAG is of the opinion, that (in terms of financial performance, market size etc.) MB-AMG or M-BMW audience should be their future main target market (instead of Ferrari / Lambo), sportscar lovers who don't have the means of paying money north of GT3-money or TT-money will have a hard time. Ironically it's Audi (with PAG as an indirect major shareholder via VAG) who tries to address this market with the upcoming R8 (though it remains to be seen whether the car will be a success).

Thanks again for the excellent review