There are a few decisions in the past which are questionable, the Cayman is a very good example and the lack of success in Germany and some other countries may prove me right. Not because the Cayman is a bad product, it was just the wrong marketin decision. If they would have sold it as a Boxster Coupe for the same money as a Boxster Roadster, it would have been a success, I'm pretty sure. Asking more money for a Coupe and offering the same power now, is insane. The Cayman won't last too long in the Porsche family I'm afraid.

Many people think that the Cayenne was a mistake too, personally I think that the Cayenne Turbo was a great product with lots of Porsche genes but the Cayenne V6 wasn't really something Porsche should have put on the market. The Cayenne is also too expensive in my opinion, it should have been positioned below the Carrera prices with the Cayenne Turbo at around the same price tag as a Carrera S.

I also think that the Boxster has not enough power and the rear should have been changed a little bit more on the 987.
There is also the 997 Carrera which in my opinion should have had 381 HP from the start with a naked "beginners" model, a 997 Carrera with 350 HP and not one HP below.

Then take the 997 Turbo, this car is fast like hell but still...not much better than the competition or even at par with it. Not what I expected from Porsche, considering the impressive 993 Turbo when it showed up 10 years or so ago.

Then, there is the GT3 which in my opinion is one of the products which is almost perfect, regarding power, performance AND price tag. Almost.

What comes next? Porsche introduces the Panamera and the expansion is finished for the time being. Porsche has to be careful with the current resources, even if the new engine production facility is ready for the future.

So how could Porsche bring back the magic? Pretty simple: IMPRESS people, give them the WOW factor again. A Carrera GT here and a GT3RS there won't do the trick for the masses, especially not for customers.

Give customers more power, more sportiness, more bang for the money, more emotions, more exhaust/engine sound and especially let them FEEL that they drive a Porsche, from each and every point of view.
Last night I was playing at a friend's house "Testdrive Unlimited" on his XBox360 with the kids. There are several cars for testdriving, incl. the Ferrari Enzo, F430 and some US muscle cars. Oh boy, did these cars sounds sexy, I really got addicted to their engine sound and this was only a game.

My 997 Turbo is the best example for Porsche's problem nowadays: it is a great sportscar but every time I drive it, I ask myself: why didn't they add 50 horses more, it could easily handle more power. And where's the sexy engine/exhaust sound I was hoping for, my 997 Turbo sounds BORING. Now this is something Porsche has to understand: they words PORSCHE and BORING don't go together too well. This is when people start to doubt and to think that Porsche may have become just another mass producer without caring about what the customers really want.

To be honest: why the heck didn't they ask US?