Quote:
nberry said:
From a performance standpoint, only the super super sport cars (Enzo, CGT, Pagani, Saleen) can out perform the Z06.

Ferrari and Porsche are not in its league. Can you imagine what the Blue Devil will be like? Also, in 2008 Ferrari will be out with the 430 replacement and you can bet it will have in excess of 550hp.

Depends on what you call performance.On the track,there are cars that would outperform Saleens,CGTs,Enzos,Zondas,...and still would be more "gentle" to the tires and brakes,get a better milage,easier to drive,cheaper and more fun to drive.

If you talk about straight line performance,then the Z06 owners would have problems with every lighlty tuned 15 years old Supra.

If you talk about performance on real roads,the Porsche would win easily.

So I fail to see what's so special about the Z06.It's by far the most overrated car in the world.Everyone says it's great but that's only because of the price tag.
80'000 euros is fair price.But no one would even consider buying a 100'000 euros pile of plastic that isn't even street legal in nothern countries 3 months(or more) a year.
I'm not very sure but I think winter tires are mandatory in Germany.I know for a fact that if you have an accident in the winter and you don't have winter tires,the insurance won't cover the damages even if you didn't cause the accident(again in Germany).

People complain about the high price tags of the Ferraris and Porsches,but that's because they don't know that a manufacturer has first make money and then build cars.

If you want to know what a manufacturer is really capable of in terms of speed/performance,look at the motorsports results.