Tony007 said:
Quote:
355Spider said:
Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
dhayek said:
time have changed..
i will never buy a zo6 ,not my kind of car but i have to admit ,a car that is that fast and that accesible is an annoying fact. ten years ago when i bought my 993tt,i was the king of the road , by far ;the closest competitor was the 355 who was damn slow compared to the tt. now competiton has become fierce! if i had a murcielago there is plenty of cars that is or as fast or faster(599,enzo,pagani,gt40 etc..) and now i own a Gallardo and still there is 997tt,z06,430,gt3,m5,m6etc... i have to learn to look good in my rear view mirror to see if its a c6 or a z06 ,a m5 or an 523...
weird days..

Very, very true....It's a great thing for everybody. The more competition the better for anyone that loves and owns high end sports cars imo. Unless the most important thing to you is being the fastest guy on the block without a doubt. For me it's more about the experience I get driving a twisty road when there's no one else around. Not even a passenger.

I agree. I hope the GT2 is better than the Z06 by far. Then the new super vette will have to be better than the GT2 and so on and so on....... It's a great time to be a car guy.

I've been a corvette guy all my life. I really hope for the best with this new super vette. But if they don't do something like mid engine or all wheel drive this 600+ hp car will NEVER hook up at the line. Driving a stock Z06 is like trying to sprint on an ice patch. Can't just dig in and go.. Worthless power in my opinion.

My Z is lowered, has headers and is dynotuned...almost 600HP...worthlss power??? I have no problem digging in and going...but I have been driving a stick all of my life...its really easy once you get the hang of it.

Yes indeed, worthless power.. My 04 Z06 with procharger had 496rwhp. Press the gas in first gear with the car just idling and the car would spin uncontrollably, same thing in second gear. It is a complete joke. Took off the procharger and learned a very valuable lesson about adding power to a car that doesn't grab. Well almost, my CLS55 has 630fwhp / 512rwhp & 730fwtq & 596rwtq. Same thing - no grab on the street whatsoever!!

My best trap in the quarter with procharger & rediculous levels of spin was 126.8 mph> Imagine what the car could be capable of with REAL TRACTION..

Regardless what others say about the new Z06 I still regard it very highly. It would be my first choice if the 997TT was unavailable.