Quote:
MKSGR said:
Quote:
RC said:
Regarding the 996 Turbo S with X73: according to one of our sources, it is merely 2 seconds faster than the 996 Turbo on the Nordschleife. I know, I know, people would want to hear a better time but apparently X73 isn't that of an advantage on the Nordschleife, so just the additional power helps the car to be faster. This would mean 7:54 with HvS at the steering wheel.

You forgot to subtract another 2 seconds or so for the powerkit (450hp). And maybe current tire trechnology makes the car another second or two faster than in 2000.

Calculation: 7:56 minus 2s (x73) minus 2s (x50) minus 2s (tires) = 7:50

If the 997TT manual with LSD and SC now does 7:49 the improvement is just one second I cannot see any progress here. In contrast, the suspension of the 997TT seems to be rather poor given that the car has 30 additional hp but gains only one second...

BTW: All available German magazine tests have criticized the 997TT suspension setup. Too much oversteer, too difficult to control at the limits. Probably this is the reason why the 997TT demonstrates such poor performance on the NBR?

Anyhow, let's wait for the SportAuto SuperTest. Maybe the 997TT does the NBR in 7:45 or so. Then everything would be OK. If not, well...

Like RC said, the Sport mode is next to useless. So why not make a dedicated -20 mm suspension? The C2S was faster with it around the 'Ring. I also don't see why the 996 Turbo wouldn't profit from the X73 Let's say minus two seconds from the X73, which equals 7:54, minus two from the extra power, which makes it 7:52, and 3 seconds from the LSD and newer tyres. That would make for 7:49. But maybe I'm just getting it wrong.