Quote:
AUM said:
Quote:
MKSGR said:
Quote:
RC said:
Would you guys PLEASE stop this BS!
Regarding the 997 Turbo Manual and Tip: so the Tip was 3 seconds slowlier on the Nordschleife...a 20km track. And very likely driven by a non-Tip used driver (Horst v. Saurma). Sorry, Kreso but...I'm IMPRESSED. I actually thought that a pro would do around 5 seconds better with manual.

If 3 seconds are not considered much on the NBR the new 997TT (Tip and manual) is a complete disaster. Why?

The old 996TTS with x73 would most likely do 7:50-7:52 (as compared to 7:56 of a an old 420hp TT with standard suspension and old tires from the year 2000).

If the new 997TT Manual with SC and LSD should do the NBR in 7:49 on streeet tires this is just 1-3 seconds faster than in case of the 996TTSx73!

By your your above definiton you would basically agree that the new 997TT represents no (significant) track performance improvement at all

P.S.: Maybe the car will be much faster than 7:49 in the (relevant) SuperTest. Who knows If not, we apparently share the same view of the "improvements" the new TT offers

I second that. The 997 Turbo manual/LSD time needs to very close to 7.40 to be credible.

I am having lunch in at the Ring now (on my way to work). The track opens at 14.15. I just have time for six laps (one tank of gas) before heading on to another country with passengers and luggage.

Only a Turbo can beat F430s on the Ring and then drive off with the family in comfort.

I'd seriously like to see a 996TT X50 with LSD and X73 tested at the 'Ring. I'm pretty sure it would match 7:50.