Quote:
temm said:
Quote:
MKSGR said:

An important business decision at Audi would be to give the R8 and the Gallardo the same engine power: Lambo lovers would still buy Lambo - and those who would never buy a Lambo (like me ) would buy the R8 knowing that it is at least as fast (fatser...) than the competing Lambo car

It might even pay off to sell the Lamborghini brand and to do all future sports car business under the Audi brand. This would clearly maximize Audi group's aggregate sales figures in the sports car segment.

Let's just hope they don't suffer from any "brand snobbery" as I mentioned earlier. I mean, just look at what happened to the VW Phaeton - VWs attempt at entering the luxury car segment.

But Audi has a better vantage point than VW had because of their success at Le Mans and in the Le Mans series. So I think that the R8 will be a success.
But I'm looking forward to seeing what happens on this board next year when the first owners get their R8s and start singing it praises.
How will the Porsche (and Ferrari) owners react
(with the Cayman vs 911 debate fresh in mind)

I don't know about you, but 95.000 Euros for a proper sports car sounds mighty tempting. I'll be sure to ask Kreso for a ride when he gets one .