Quote:
Fanch said:
This becomes very handy when you don't have a license or when you lose it!
French license is granted 12 points. Guess what, since last week end, I only have two!!!!!!
Better behave myself now or I'll end up in one of those!
BTW, FYI, I had 6 pts left (2 speeding offences) and I just lost 4 point last saturday night because according to the cops I burned a red light, it was more dark orange to me, but hey, that's life.
Five cops litterally jumped on me!!! When they saw the driver of that nice 996 was in his twenties, they thought, let's massacre him!
And they certainly did, 4 points and more than 300 Euros fines for the red light and not enough threads on my rear tyres!
If you drive in France, take it very easy! Not good being seen in a sport car these days.

You have to drive a SUV, Francois. Three France visits in my ML55, every time for 7-14 days. A lot of driving involved, mostly doing speeds around 200 kph. No problems at all. Oh, maybe I should mention that local cop in his little white Peugeot who tried to follow me for 20 km but gave up. He had that blue police flash light turned on behind his windscreen but I think I overlooked his tiny car.
Another interesting fact: when I went to the Cote d'Azur, sometimes there were police check points who stopped cars randomly. They always stopped sports cars (true) but never stopped me. Get a Cayenne Turbo with 600 HP and I bet your problems fade away. Tell your father that SUVs are much safer and not fast at all. Older people usually believe that. When I drove with my old man (he's 80) last summer to Munich, I did almost 250 kph on the speedo in my ML55.
He looked at the speedo and asked me if something is wrong with it, he didn't believe me that this "truck" (as he calls it) runs true 240 kph.
And another hint (not sure if it works for you but it always worked for me when I was young): be very friendly and apologize when police stops you. They usually change their attitude and if you're lucky, they let you go and if not, they usually close an eye or two. German police has a very nice method to let you know that you've been naughty and they don't like you: they check the presence of a first-aid-kit and they check tire wear because this is how they can really "bust" you. I bet it is the same in France.