Quote:
Joost said:
Another point... I thought Ben's car crashed into the barrier frontally? If th car got out of control because it was tail happy, how come it skidded on the grass and whent straight ahead?
-Joost-

Joost the car hit the barrier along the right side. It was almost a direct hit along the entire right side.

I will not comment on Ben's case but the comments regarding respecting high perf. sprt cars are very good. However respecting the car is not enough. I have been in the defense personal injury business for 30 years. I have witnessed the carnage of high speed collisions. It is something you can never get used to seeing and is unforgetable.

Most of the people in these collisions thought they had control but something unexpected happened which cause the collision. Public streets and highways are fraught with unexpected hazards. No matter how much you respect the car and how well you drive everyday we encounter the unexpected. Fortunately most of the time between the car and driver collisions are avoided. Unfortunately, the margin decreases with speed.

My view is there is no safe place on public streets to test the limits of the car and those that do (including myself) are doing it with our heart and not our head. It is stupid and irrresponsible not only to ourselves but to our families.

The proper venue to test and enjoy our cars is on a track BUT with the appropriate instruction and safeguards. I believe all manufacturers should give mandatory training regarding the dynamic's and handling of high perf. cars as well crisis instruction. The cost should be borne by the buyer of the car. If you want to play you should pay.

I have a lot more to say but I will not bore you.