Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
Dr. Phil said:
I've been impressed with the numbers of the Z06 since day one.
The overall performance, speed, handling, and most importantly: Price tag.
All impressive numbers IMO (altho it will run you 250,000USD on danish plates...).
As I've said before: The challenge is its heritage and brand value - or lack thereof.
Personally I would never spend money on one, since I don't trust its build quality, I dislike the interior and am not crazy about the design.
Build quality will naturally be a matter of time before we know.
And last but not least; to me the brand that is Corvette is not even close to F or P in terms of brand value.
At least it doesnt represent the values I identify with.

But judging the car purely on merit and physical traits it seems stunning.
The sound is amazing and handling looks like a dream.

Hope I will be able to try one. I have only seen ONE in Denmark, and I'm not even sure you can get a test ride at the dealer...

The aptly named SS Corvette might be the Blitzkrieg tool Chevy is looking for. A car that costs under 100.000 Euros, with hopefully better interior than the C6Z and 700 horsepower (200 more than the Z), might prove to be too irresistible to even some P and F fans. Of course, only as an adition to their stables .
Well summed up. Hate the shape, the image, the materials, don't care for its heritage, but love the performance.

I think you are confusing the purpose of the car. Dave Hill NEVER once thought the car would replace the stable of exotic cars in the rich and famous' garages. He did not build the car for the type of people that say...Ferrari builds cars for. He wanted the car to be affordable and non-exclusive (which is why they are building several thousand of them). I hope they never put a hand stitched leather interior inside. I hope they stay away from DOHC engines as well. These are all things that drive the price of the car up and do nothing (in my opinion) for the performance or value of the car. I mean...would you really buy a $150k Corvette? Dave Hill knows this.

As far as quality...don't confuse percieved build quality with everday reliability. A Ferrari or Porsche's panels may fit more tightly, but I would GUARANTEE that the Z06 will have far greater street reliability than any Ferrari, Lambo or similar performance car. You have to keep in mind that this car will beat many super exotics on road courses (as proven) but still have a $60 oil change that can be performed by a truck mechanic. As far as maintenance, Ferrari is one of the most expensive cars to maintain with annual services in the $10,000 range. How ridiculous is that? Why is this never spoken about on this forum? One could even go as far to say that by relaibility standards, a Lambo is a POS.

So I think reliability will actually be the Z06's STRONGEST characteristic compared to similar performing cars. I guarantee a CGT, 575, F430, Pagani, Lambo will all break down way more often and cost much more to maintain. At least in the US, an alternator for a Z06 is a 10th of the price of an alternator to the nearest performing competitor. Anyone can build an supercar for $250k, try building one for $60k...oh and make 7000 of them a year!

As far as image...you need to get over that.