Quote:
Justin said:
Quote:
JS said:
Speed traps here in Vancouver are everywhere. There are alot of high power Porsche, Ferrari ,Benz ,BMW and most of the highway system is 90 kph - 120 kph you need to get to the track to enjoy you car.

I am a regular visitor to Vancouver and am amazed at the car culture. Seems like show is a very big aspect of it, perhaps due the lack of places to drive quickly, especially in areas closer to the city.

Correct me if I am wrong...

Justin, I agree with you 100%. Many of the expensive cars here are strictly status symbols; There are a few enthusiasts though. A big deterrent to sports car enthusiasts is definitely the cops here (and to some extent a lack of an area to let loose). From what i've witnessed cops on the highways are generally lenient until you exceed 20km/h over a 100km/h limit. 30-40 over and its like you've committed an unforgivable sin!!!

In my personal opinion the driver who drives 10km/h slower than everyone else in the fast lane is more dangerous and more likely to cause an accident than someone going 40km/h over and paying attention. i'm not going to mention cellphones, reading the paper while driving The road systems here seem to keep getting worse and worse.

Guess its time to move to europe!!